ATTENTION: Brand New DAT Achiever Released!!!!!!!!!! Don't Miss Out!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jorasic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with the guy who established DAT Achiever.

While I am a fan of Topscore, the new Achiever looks sounds pretty good; it was always on the line of being "worth it" and "not being worth it". But Achiever has gone another step to better its tests.

There's a brand new DAT Achiever out that just got put together this week. Its on a new site too. This **** looks legit!
You can only use it if you have continuous internet access. They made it this way so they could update new problems and such.

From the site:
"With the content now stored at the server, getting the questions and answers revised has never been easier. This feature also ascertains that all existing users receive the most recent updates without the hassle of uninstalling/reinstalling the software."

Here are the new improvements:

1. Reading Comp was fixed, is more challening. There has been
complains about this part.
2. QR was fixed, to resemble the real DAT.
3. I will find out tomorrow when I take the test

I haven't used it. Taking the first test tomorrow.

Here's the NEW WEBSITE!!!
(Its not the 3quest one)

DatAchiever.com
DatAchiever.com
DatAchiever.com
DatAchiever.com
DatAchiever.com
DatAchiever.com
DatAchiever.com
DatAchiever.com
DatAchiever.com

webimage-dat.gif

My test is next tuesday, good thing I called him and found out more info on his programs!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
surprised ur username isnt datachieversbitch hahahah

but seriously, if u arent some1 working for the company then try it out and let us kno how it goes :)

Finally.... it has the updated version. :p

It hasn't been updated since 2005. Check the date after you installed it. (The MS Access extension file.)

WOW it's practically free now!!!!

"How long can I use the tests for?
You can access the trial version for seven days, whereas the paid version will last you for 4 months.

"

Just take the tests in 7 days and save yourself some $.

**Edit** Never mind you get like 10 questions in the trial. Idk why they'd time limit it then... The new layout is just like the real DAT though - most of the problems seem the same - out of the 10 sample problems i saw 1 new math problem though.

Last edited:
Heck no I don't work for him.

I believe most of the test is similar but they've taken out the dumb questions that don't resemble the test and substituted them with better questions. But again, math and RC have been made better.

There are actual TONE questions!

I took the test today and its damn hard, but in a good way. The questions will force you to completely know a topic. I still like topscore better, but this ain't bad. I got a 19 in bio, 19 chem, 19 ochem. just don't let this test discourage you.

Can you take the full test for 7 days?

In Vista if you move the date back to when you bought it (within the range of when you bought it +4 months) it works just fine. I retook my exam and didnt wanna pay another $50 so I would just roll back the date on my computer and take the exams. I think X month licenses are stupid. I paid for the product let me keep it. Its not like im installing it on 4302859438594385 computers.

Are there new questions with this new version or is it pretty much the same just with a few changes? Dat is in two weeks and if achiever had 3 new tests I would be glad to give them a shot but if they are pretty much the same... I wont get the new one.

From the creator himself, I just emailed him. This is what he said:
Raymond Fam said:
All active users will eventually be allowed to upgrade to the newer version with a price difference of $10 -- a feature that is being developed before the old website will fully migrate to its new look. If you're in need of getting it now, the only way of doing that is to subscribe to the new one, and I'll have the old one refunded.

Remember to use the same email address when creating the new account. Also, be aware that the newer software requires you to have internet access when taking the test.

Here're the updates done so far:

1. The Sciences and PAT are typically the same, but some of the typo mistakes and erroneous solutions have been fixed and rewritten. Where it deems fitting, some of the questions might be replaced from time to time with more relevant ones particularly in the Biology, General Chemistry, and Angle Ranking of PAT. The 3D solution now has more buttons to work with so students get to benefit more from there.

2. As for RCT, more inference and tone questions have been included, and the length of the passages have generally been increased as well. If you're comfortable with these questions, you're bound to cruise on the real thing.

3. The QR section has also been made harder with more word problems and complex and yet doable calculations.

4. A tutorial has also been included, so students get to have a closer experience when taking a full-length test. The custom option allows students to take any combination of tests. And more importantly, students with learning disabilities can have the test taken 1.5 or twice as long depending on what they have been granted by the ADA.

Heck no I don't work for him.

I believe most of the test is similar but they've taken out the dumb questions that don't resemble the test and substituted them with better questions. But again, math and RC have been made better.

There are actual TONE questions!

I took the test today and its damn hard, but in a good way. The questions will force you to completely know a topic. I still like topscore better, but this ain't bad. I got a 19 in bio, 19 chem, 19 ochem. just don't let this test discourage you.

Can you take the full test for 7 days?

Nice, thnx for the info

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd say if you have topscore, stick with it and master it.
If you have the old Achiever, stick with it.

This is just for whoever was iffy about getting Achiever.

4 Months seems like enough, but I agree it's dumb to have a time limit when it requires online validation so you can't have 1000 copies.

It's not a scam... it's made by the exact same person that makes Achiever. They're not linked yet because he's working on a feature to allow ppl with the old Achiever to upgrade to the new one for 10 dollars. If you don't believe me just send an email to the Achiever people, they'll tell you whats up.

I think other than the fact that the test is sometime a bit sluggish when going from one page to another (which my seniors told me I'm likely to experience at the testing center anyway), the new Achiever simulates the DAT really well, with a tutorial to precede the sciences, half time and 5 minute remaining prompts, ...

Yea, Ill believe it when I see it. The old Achiever was pretty rotten, and he says he fixed up the science questions that were wrong. How the hell can he get away with putting in wrong answers. The DAT doesnt give me credit for wrong answers.
I say that the new DAT achiever isnt any good. Also, because the sciences are way more important than the reading comprehension he should stick to fixing that up!!!!

Yea, Ill believe it when I see it. The old Achiever was pretty rotten, and he says he fixed up the science questions that were wrong. How the hell can he get away with putting in wrong answers. The DAT doesnt give me credit for wrong answers.
I say that the new DAT achiever isnt any good. Also, because the sciences are way more important than the reading comprehension he should stick to fixing that up!!!!

I don't have the old Achiever with me. Were there a lot of mistakes in the sciences that you've seen? Many of my seniors at Temple University said that Achiever was hardcore but invaluable in helping nail their DAT.

The old Achiever tried tricking you, that is a big pain in the butt! Because the actual DAT was not trying to trick you. If you knew it you got it right. Not on Achiever!!!

Head to DS. i agree with you. .. what a pain in my side....dat questions were relatively straightforward.. and all i remember with achiever was scratching my head..

Here at Baylor College of Dentistry, all students (about 40 of them) taking the summer DAT classes have been told to get DAT Achiever, which constitutes part of the core materials. The general consensus is that Achiever is tough and challenging, but certainly to the aid and benefit of getting high DAT scores for the students.

Here at Baylor College of Dentistry, all students (about 40 of them) taking the summer DAT classes have been told to get DAT Achiever, which constitutes part of the core materials. The general consensus is that Achiever is tough and challenging, but certainly to the aid and benefit of getting high DAT scores for the students.

Yup, the Princeton Review Center where I took the DAT course now opts for DAT Achiever in lieu of Topscore Pro. There is obviously a good reason for switching the preference from among the institutions due to the rising popularity of one over another. Just my opinion.:)

Yup, the Princeton Review Center where I took the DAT course now opts for DAT Achiever in lieu of Topscore Pro. There is obviously a good reason for switching the preference from among the institutions due to the rising popularity of one over another. Just my opinion.:)

The problem with DAT Achiever is that it doesn't do what it was created and advertised to do. Achiever was created to be a simulation of the real test, which it is not. For myself personally, I felt that achiever was more of study guide type thing, kinda like what you would get if you made destroyer into a test format. I didn't use it as a practice test, I used it more like a study guide, mostly just so I could get more exposure to different type of questions.

In conclusion, achiever is good if you want to use it to study, BUT it is not good if you want to use it as practice for the real thing.