Number of missed questions on practice tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thecrimsonchin

Reaction score
How's it going y'all, I'm a few weeks out from my DAT and this test is a whole different animal than anything else I've studied for!

I've been taking practice tests and I'm wondering how the number of missed questions on a section translates to score, because I'm seeing different answers to this.
For example, I've been using bootcamp and on my gen chem practice tests I've scored 22-23 consistently, with around 8 questions missed. This confused me because I also read on bootcamp and SDN that I should expect to get a 20 if I miss just 5 questions a section.

Is this because the bootcamp tests are harder? I wouldn't expect there to be that much of a gap between scores, though. Ideally, I wouldn't want to be missing 8 questions anyway but just wondering if I should be worried about that or if I should trust the estimated score as a better indication of how I'll do on test day.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

DENTAL ADMISSION TEST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT SCORING

See the attachment that explains how the ada scores the DAT Exam, Hope this helps.

Nancy, co/owner, Destroyers

Attachments

• dat_scoring_faq.pdf
    16.2 KB · Views: 58