AUA vs MUA - Which School Gives You The Best Chance of Landing a Residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Confused 20

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, trying to decide between these 2 schools. If you had to choose between AUA and MUA, which one would you choose and why?

Members don't see this ad.

Neither. I have read your post history. I admire your devotion and dedication towards medicine. It's just I don't see how it's going to work. You already went to SABA in 2011, and failed out. One of the posts mentioned that you went to the Caribbeans to save time, since you were nontraditional. It's been 5 years already.. That's a lot of time spent pursuing medicine, instead of enjoying life.

1) Reasons why you failed out of SABA most likely won't have changed. It was supposed to be a 2nd and only chance. It's gone now.
2) Even if MUA/AUA accepted you, and there is a miracle that you make it through the 4 years. Residency application is going to be tough. It's tough enough for someone with no red flags coming from the Caribbeans, but failing out of a Caribbean school... And entering another one?

Sometimes you gotta know when to call it quits.

Reactions: 1 users
Technically, AUA because it's Cali accredited...
BUT
AUA is notorious for holding people back and not letting them graduate even after they're done their 4 years. You might wanna look into that.
So, to sum up..
Neither.