AUC (Caribbean School)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
From what I hear PR schools are very selective to PR residents or PR people. Thats what I HEAR at least.

Also, if you want to practice in the US stay in a US school, there's NO better option. Placement for residency in the US seems to go as follows:

US MD > US DO >> Anywhere else

Yes, they also do the entire interview in Spanish and require you take about a year of Spanish classes. Unless you're PR or hispanic, I wouldn't bank on PR schools accepting you.

Trust me, if there were a good back up then SDN would've mentioned it besides the obvious "Apply DO".

Members don't see this ad.

yeah carribean is no joke..i've seen countless friends go through it and end up extremely disappointed...a few succeed, but definitely not as much success as they would have had via DO or MD route and definitely more work that they had to go through to get where they are.
as others have echoed, Caribbean should be THE LAST RESORT. I would even consider alternative career paths before pursuing the Caribbean route.

I've looked on UTSW's website for residencies and in family medicine I saw people from Caribbean med schools on there..I think it depends on what you what to do. Also at Integris Baptist in OKC (Oklahoma City) there is a Radiology resident from Ross University..

Members don't see this ad :)
Hell if you break 30 you could apply MD. You said You're old so you probably have good life ECs

I agree and would think about taking some more classes. A 3.5/30 MCAT would give you a shot at a M.D. school (but there will always be the stigma of your first MCAT score). The classes might also help you for the MCAT.