Aug 17th, 2019 CBSE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TrevorwestDDS

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to start a thread and get peoples thoughts on how the exam went. I'll share my experience to get things started. I'm a D3 at OSU.

This was my first attempt at the exam. Don't have my score yet, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be retaking it in February haha. If I get anything around a 55 I'll be thrilled. My personal goal is above a 65. My prep was 1 month of scattered studying if I had free time after school and then 60 days of hardcore studying. Every second of free time I had was CBSE. I used sketchy micro, pharm, and path as well as Uworld question bank for my study resources. I couldn't get myself to make a set schedule of getting a certain number of videos or questions done each day. Rather, I would do as much as I could do while still keeping my sanity and avoiding the burn out (which is very very real btw when you are studying for this thing). Starting out, I watched all the sketchy videos to get exposure to the majority of the material covered on the test. It was very overwhelming to say the least, but after a few weeks things started to click and I began to retain a lot of the details. At about 60 days to go, I started the Uworld question bank. Let me tell you...it was NOT a fun experience ha. I was sufficiently humbled by my percent correct. I had a relative goal of getting through about 40 questions a day, but nothing set in stone. I actually didn't finish all 2,700 of them. Probably had about 400 left, but I just ran out of time/I was going through them too slowly. The last few weeks of studying I could crank through like 80 Uworld questions in a single day. I know First Aid is a great resource which I didn't take advantage of until the last week so it didn't help me much but I'll definitely be using it a ton this next go around. The actual test was easier than Uworld in my opinion. The question stems were shorter and from what I could tell a little more straight forward. I finished each of the 4 sections (50 questions each) with around 6 minutes to spare. Partly because I just didn't know some questions so I didn't waste my time on them.

For the next exam in February, I'm going to stick to Uworld and make it through for sure as well as use First Aid as a reference as much as I can. Taking all of September completely off to focus on Clinic and then starting up again in October. Being able to start this next study grind off with a really solid base of knowledge should help me key in on lots of the details that I just didn't grasp this time. Having to teach myself all of pharm plus lots and lots of path was prettyyyy difficult lol. Not going to sugar coat it. This is hands down the hardest challenge I've ever had academically, but at the same time I 100% believe if you put in the time a really good score is doable for anyone. Good luck everyone! Let me know if you have any questions or your own thoughts if you took it last weekend.

Go Bucks

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just wanted to start a thread and get peoples thoughts on how the exam went. I'll share my experience to get things started. I'm a D3 at OSU.

This was my first attempt at the exam. Don't have my score yet, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be retaking it in February haha. If I get anything around a 55 I'll be thrilled. My personal goal is above a 65. My prep was 1 month of scattered studying if I had free time after school and then 60 days of hardcore studying. Every second of free time I had was CBSE. I used sketchy micro, pharm, and path as well as Uworld question bank for my study resources. I couldn't get myself to make a set schedule of getting a certain number of videos or questions done each day. Rather, I would do as much as I could do while still keeping my sanity and avoiding the burn out (which is very very real btw when you are studying for this thing). Starting out, I watched all the sketchy videos to get exposure to the majority of the material covered on the test. It was very overwhelming to say the least, but after a few weeks things started to click and I began to retain a lot of the details. At about 60 days to go, I started the Uworld question bank. Let me tell you...it was NOT a fun experience ha. I was sufficiently humbled by my percent correct. I had a relative goal of getting through about 40 questions a day, but nothing set in stone. I actually didn't finish all 2,700 of them. Probably had about 400 left, but I just ran out of time/I was going through them too slowly. The last few weeks of studying I could crank through like 80 Uworld questions in a single day. I know First Aid is a great resource which I didn't take advantage of until the last week so it didn't help me much but I'll definitely be using it a ton this next go around. The actual test was easier than Uworld in my opinion. The question stems were shorter and from what I could tell a little more straight forward. I finished each of the 4 sections (50 questions each) with around 6 minutes to spare. Partly because I just didn't know some questions so I didn't waste my time on them.

For the next exam in February, I'm going to stick to Uworld and make it through for sure as well as use First Aid as a reference as much as I can. Taking all of September completely off to focus on Clinic and then starting up again in October. Being able to start this next study grind off with a really solid base of knowledge should help me key in on lots of the details that I just didn't grasp this time. Having to teach myself all of pharm plus lots and lots of path was prettyyyy difficult lol. Not going to sugar coat it. This is hands down the hardest challenge I've ever had academically, but at the same time I 100% believe if you put in the time a really good score is doable for anyone. Good luck everyone! Let me know if you have any questions or your own thoughts if you took it last weekend.

Go Bucks

I agree with your information. I took a test on August 17th. It was not straight forward. Struggle a bt but let's see.

Hello guys. When and how are we going to hear the result?

Did everyone get a lot of GI and repro?

I've jus begun my D2 year. I'll be keeping an eye on your progress so hopefully you update us periodically! I plan on taking the exam the summer after D2 year or sometime early D3 year. I'm taking path and pharm 1 this semester. We don't cover the subjects as in depth like the med school so would you recommend studying them like med students with USMLE first aid, pathoma, uworld, possibly anki(any good CBSE decks out there)?

No results yet huh?

And to Senee, yea and sketchy medical is good too.

If you want action you come to this thread.