August 2017 DAT Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrMolar

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! So I took my DAT yesterday after about 4 weeks of good studying and ended up with the following scores:

25 AA
24 Total Science
22 Bio
26 Gen Chem
27 Orgo
25 RC
24 QR
21 PAT

To study, I began by reading Princeton Review's Cracking the DAT in it's entirety. I would skip back and forth between subjects so I would remember more and to keep interest while reading so much. I would bookmark things I wanted to review again and take pictures of charts and things I wanted to study further. I made an album of all of these photos on my phone to review back to when studying.

When I finished reading that and doing all of those questions, I took Kaplan's free practice DAT to get an idea of where I needed help and further studying. I realized I needed more help in the sciences and QR

To build up my strength in these subjects, I went through @orgoman22 's DAT Destroyer and took notes on everything I was not able to answer in the biology, gen chem, and orgo sections. I also made a long list of topics I wanted to cover further.

I made a packet of handwritten notes about every question I got wrong so I would learn from my mistake. I also took notes from videos on Khan Academy on subjects I did not have much previous knowledge on, like the lac operon and embryology. I used @FeralisExtremum 's Biology Notes for all of the things I didn't know that much about in bio before studying.

My last week of studying, I used @Ari Rezaei 's DAT Bootcamp to get some more practice tests in. I did all five of his complete practice tests, and like before, took notes on every question I got wrong and looked into the subject more if I didn't know enough about it. The new quantitative comparison in Bootcamp's QR section really helped for the exam, as well as their PAT section.

The three days before the exam, I just went through my notes repeatedly. By the end of all of my studying, I had about 45 pages of handwritten notes, in addition to Feralis phylogenies, Bootcamp Gen Chem Equation sheet, and a sheet of math formulas (mostly geometry, trig, and probability) that I had written up. I would go through this once without doing anything. The second time, I would highlight things I didn't remember from the first time. Then, I would go through those highlighted topics and study those. If I still didn't know something that was highlighted, I would highlight in a different color to specify that I still needed to study that. I think this method of writing things out and continually going through it help me to learn and master topics that prior to the exam, I had little exposure to.

I hope my experience can give you some idea of how to go about studying for the DAT. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks to those that put together such awesome studying resources! You really helped me out!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
Awesome scores. Thank you for sharing your experience and best of luck with your application!

Reactions: 1 user
Yay! Congratulations! That is awesome that you only studied for 4 weeks. I studied much longer lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! So I took my DAT yesterday after about 4 weeks of good studying and ended up with the following scores:

25 AA
24 Total Science
22 Bio
26 Gen Chem
27 Orgo
25 RC
24 QR
21 PAT

To study, I began by reading Princeton Review's Cracking the DAT in it's entirety. I would skip back and forth between subjects so I would remember more and to keep interest while reading so much. I would bookmark things I wanted to review again and take pictures of charts and things I wanted to study further. I made an album of all of these photos on my phone to review back to when studying.

When I finished reading that and doing all of those questions, I took Kaplan's free practice DAT to get an idea of where I needed help and further studying. I realized I needed more help in the sciences and QR

To build up my strength in these subjects, I went through @orgoman22 's DAT Destroyer and took notes on everything I was not able to answer in the biology, gen chem, and orgo sections. I also made a long list of topics I wanted to cover further.

I made a packet of handwritten notes about every question I got wrong so I would learn from my mistake. I also took notes from videos on Khan Academy on subjects I did not have much previous knowledge on, like the lac operon and embryology. I used @FeralisExtremum 's Biology Notes for all of the things I didn't know that much about in bio before studying.

My last week of studying, I used @Ari Rezaei 's DAT Bootcamp to get some more practice tests in. I did all five of his complete practice tests, and like before, took notes on every question I got wrong and looked into the subject more if I didn't know enough about it. The new quantitative comparison in Bootcamp's QR section really helped for the exam, as well as their PAT section.

The three days before the exam, I just went through my notes repeatedly. By the end of all of my studying, I had about 45 pages of handwritten notes, in addition to Feralis phylogenies, Bootcamp Gen Chem Equation sheet, and a sheet of math formulas (mostly geometry, trig, and probability) that I had written up. I would go through this once without doing anything. The second time, I would highlight things I didn't remember from the first time. Then, I would go through those highlighted topics and study those. If I still didn't know something that was highlighted, I would highlight in a different color to specify that I still needed to study that. I think this method of writing things out and continually going through it help me to learn and master topics that prior to the exam, I had little exposure to.

I hope my experience can give you some idea of how to go about studying for the DAT. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks to those that put together such awesome studying resources! You really helped me out!
Congratulations! Sorry, we missed your post before! Excellent scores and interviews are in your future. Happy you found my book the DAT Destroyer helpful and thanks for the shout out.

Dr. Romano