August 9th Countdown....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mnc506

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Too many days left.....

Members don't see this ad.

i think wednesday at 5pm.

i havent really thought much about the scores at all, theres really no point.. i prob wont care until wednesday afternoon

Members don't see this ad :)
i think wednesday at 5pm.

i havent really thought much about the scores at all, theres really no point.. i prob wont care until wednesday afternoon

Check in on our "sept 13 release thread". Someone emailed AAMC, and as of now they are still planning on release around 5 pm EST Wed. :luck::luck:

Good luck all you august 9thers. I am already starting to get ancy about getting my score and i jstu took it saturday!

auguest 9th is the second time I took the Mcat. I took one on may 31st and it was awful. I got a 27N (8, 9,10). I knew that I did badly right after I left.

After I left the august 9th test, however, I felt really really good. I had been getting mid 30's on my practice tests with a high of a 38. So for the past month I have been feeling pretty good.

That is until I looked at the august 6th people's scores last night (such a bad idea)...

It looked like everyone on that thread thoughout that they did really well like me but their scores were very low. Especially their biological sciences, which they all seemed to think was the easiest. I am fully freaking out now. I just want to get my bad score back so I can take the freaking real estate exam or something.

auguest 9th is the second time I took the Mcat. I took one on may 31st and it was awful. I got a 27N (8, 9,10). I knew that I did badly right after I left.
seemed to think was the easiest. I am fully freaking out now. I just want to get my bad score back so I can take the freaking real estate exam or something.

Real estate exam? I was thinking PCAT..but I like your idea better. We should study together for real estate exam!

it seems so much easier and not to mention better paying...if it wasn't for this burning desire to be a doctor I would probably be a much happier and more well adjusted person...oh well

somebody needs to get me off this web site. Its freaking me out so much, but i cant stop. :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
When the scores are released I will probably wait until next week to look at them. :laugh: It's all good though!

redrumi - is your name rumi or do you like persian sufi poet Rumi and his work a lot?
I absolutely love Rumi's works.

Sorry..a little digression.
It's actually my nick on irc, and backwards its imurder =P. But I actually think I have read some of Rumi's work, I took Persian I + II a couple years ago as well. That's funny I never thought of that association!

25 hrs to go, im off work tomorrow so at least i can say i wont work again until i know my score :p

I was hoping for an early score release from AAMC...and a "SCORES ARE UP" thread....

I can't wait another whole day!

This is my first (well, second after the New Members thread) and I have been reading the SDN forums since a week or so before I took the August 9th MCAT. It was my first time taking the exam. I thought it was about time that I actually joined so that I could commiserate/congratulate my fellow August 9th-ers.

Less than 24 hours..... :scared:

Dear prospective pre-med:

Since we seem to have lost your score report, we shall award you a 45T for our *****ic blunder.

sincerely,
AAMC

LOL yayyyyyy!!!! :hardy: :hardy: :hardy: :hardy: :hardy:

I took the test today along with Aug 9th! I am not looking forward to these scores tomorrow.

Wow! I admire you for your dedication. I hope it pays off. Best wishes!
Thanks
Yeah it sucked because my entire summer was gone to studying, but it's the sacrifice that hopefully comes with great reward.

Thanks
Yeah it sucked because my entire summer was gone to studying, but it's the sacrifice that hopefully comes with great reward.

I know what you mean. I pretty much exhausted all my vacation time from work. My daughter just finished kindergarten and started 1st grade. Because of MCAT prep and also my work, I was not able to do anything ..like taking her to the beach or other short vacation etc. Summer just flew by. I too hope this sacrifice will come with positive result in terms of med school admissions!

gradu8in2003..get some sleep!! Good luck to you too!

I know what you mean. I pretty much exhausted all my vacation time from work. My daughter just finished kindergarten and started 1st grade. Because of MCAT prep and also my work, I was not able to do anything ..like taking her to the beach or other short vacation etc. Summer just flew by. I too hope this sacrifice will come with positive result in terms of med school admissions!

gradu8in2003..get some sleep!! Good luck to you too!

Good luck too man!

Yes in this crazy time only thing keeping me from insanity is watching the bootleg copy of Superbad Over and Over again. I wish I was in high school all over again, I don't ever remember freaking out this much for ACT.

Yes in this crazy time only thing keeping me from insanity is watching the bootleg copy of Superbad Over and Over again. I wish I was in high school all over again, I don't ever remember freaking out this much for ACT.

I did the last time I took it (ACT), of course my score jumped 7 points that time too... :thumbup: (if only I could get 7 pts higher than my april score... wow...)

When they released my scores back in May they did so around 4 PM CST....Is that still the norm or has that changed?

does anyone know how close to the 5PM deadline AAMC usually is? If scores don't get released until late tonight or tomorrow i don't want to be one of those people to keep reloading every 5 minutes for like 30 hours:cool:

its like always different. for the may 31st test the scores went up at like 2

im relying on this thread to know when the scores are up, so post here when u got ur score lol