August MCATers Discussion Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bonez318ti

Future Rally Medic
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright.. since the August MCAT scores just came out, has anyone received any news? Post up so that we have an indication how fast schools are moving with their aug mcater pool!

I'll start.. Nothing on my end.. submitted 16 secondaries (mostly NY, PA, DC schools with Tulane and Dartmouth thrown in).. waiting for two more (UCSF, UW).

edit: made the thread *official*

Members don't see this ad.

Nothing here yet either from mostly Ohio schools, MI, IL and some PA

But I think it takes at least a few days for AMCAS to send the scores out?

bonez318ti said:
Alright.. since the August MCAT scores just came out, has anyone received any news? Post up so that we have an indication how fast schools are moving with their aug mcater pool!

I'll start.. Nothing on my end.. submitted 16 secondaries (mostly NY, PA, DC schools with Tulane and Dartmouth thrown in).. waiting for two more (UCSF, UW).

I talked to a rep from Vandy today and she told me that most schools will not be able to download the scores until the 22nd. I was under the impression that schools received the scores BEFORE we did!

Members don't see this ad :)
lizbjrddnr said:
Nothing here yet either from mostly Ohio schools, MI, IL and some PA

But I think it takes at least a few days for AMCAS to send the scores out?

Actually.. I did get a letter from Downstate saying that I am missing my LORs the day after the scores came out. Though I am not sure if it was because they just happened to get to my file that day or what..

Yeah, lets keep this thread alive.

Is anyone else frustrated because schools haven't updated their websites. I have sent my rec letters to all my schools, but I when I log in and check, it still says incomplete at most of them.

I just got an email from a school saying they've got everything & are waiting for my scores to proceed. The email also said that I could go ahead & send them a copy of my scores. Is anybody else doing this? Also, since I'm sending them a score report, I think I will also tell them, briefly, of my current activities.

When I was filling out secondaries, I seem to remember other schools saying applicants can go ahead and snail mail (or fax?) them scores, but I forget which schools now.

Hum....that sounds like a good idea...anyone else?

dandelion said:
I just got an email from a school saying they've got everything & are waiting for my scores to proceed. The email also said that I could go ahead & send them a copy of my scores. Is anybody else doing this? Also, since I'm sending them a score report, I think I will also tell them, briefly, of my current activities.

When I was filling out secondaries, I seem to remember other schools saying applicants can go ahead and snail mail (or fax?) them scores, but I forget which schools now.

bumfp...any news today aug mcater?

I am an august mcater and I was invited for an interview at UMDNJ-NJMS on Oct 16.

ASDIC said:
I am an august mcater and I was invited for an interview at UMDNJ-NJMS on Oct 16.

In-state or out-of-state?

invite via email or snail-mail?

in-state and via email

my scores have already been downloaded and i'm complete at penn but only at penn and no where else...wierd....

-a

wake forest said they would download on monday and file in week or so before deciding whether to take me off 'hold' status

Members don't see this ad :)
why dont u guys create an official report and give the admissions people the verification code.....i did that for NJMS( even though i didnt have to) and they were able to see my scores rite away.....i think thats the best move....good luck!:)

if anyone's heard any news from texas schools, please update! if you've recently gotten an interview, do you know if it was based on your new scores (or was it possibly based on your first scores)?

i hate waiting

drguy22 said:
why dont u guys create an official report and give the admissions people the verification code.....i did that for NJMS( even though i didnt have to) and they were able to see my scores rite away.....i think thats the best move....good luck!:)

Did you do this via email or snailmail? I feel, at this point, most schools will have downloaded scores by the time a letter sent now gets to their office.

Anyhow, us August MCATers only have a few more weeks to wait til we start hearing :)

Aug scores are downloaded at U. Penn and Harvard (both sets actually pop up on the screen; cringe). No word on any other school -- but most schools haven't heard of this *new* invention that communicates information in the blink of an eye...so let me tell you about it -- it's amazing! -- it's SO convenient, and is really a pre-med student's dream! Are you ready?! It's called the Internet...Say it with me now...In--ter..neeett...GOOD! :D Silly call-the-admissions-office-that's-the-only-way-to-contact-the-school schools.

dandelion said:
Did you do this via email or snailmail? I feel, at this point, most schools will have downloaded scores by the time a letter sent now gets to their office.

Anyhow, us August MCATers only have a few more weeks to wait til we start hearing :)

just email the verification code to the admissions people.

drguy22 said:
just email the verification code to the admissions people.

I'd like the schools to receive my new scores ASAP.

What is this verification code you are referring to?

Fusion said:
I'd like the schools to receive my new scores ASAP.

What is this verification code you are referring to?

u create and open it....on the sceen you will see your scores and on the report you will see a wierd looking code...thats the verification code...med schools can enter it and get all your scores.

have any of you first time MCATers received secondaries from any UC's yet?!

I applied to schools in NY, VT and many others. But haven't heard anything from them yet. May be I will call them to find out next week.

synapse said:

Well, I am not a first-time MCAT taker (previously took it Aug 2003, then again Aug 2004), but I just got my UCSF secondary yesterday. I am out-of-state, and it took 8 weeks from the time my AMCAS data was sent to them for them to finally decide to send me a secondary. Anyway, I'm really happy about it, because even though they are a (very) long shot for me, as of right now UCSF is my first choice. :D

synapse said:

I haven't yet, but I wish they would hurry! I got bounced from Drew about two weeks ago.

i'm complete at Penn and NYU - but got a letter from Tufts yesterday saying the MCAT was not yet received... was dated 10/8, though. :idea:

Hey everyone, I just got a secondary request (by email) from UC Irvine. This is the first UC I have had respond.

Same here...I just got a secondary request from uci....aug mcater

Sparky Man said:
Hey everyone, I just got a secondary request (by email) from UC Irvine. This is the first UC I have had respond.

I received an interview invite from University of Kansas yesterday afternoon. I know that several others did as well, so they must be moving pretty quickly.

evajaclynn said:
I received an interview invite from University of Kansas yesterday afternoon. I know that several others did as well, so they must be moving pretty quickly.

Hey, congrats!!

Got an email from Mayo this morning saying they have my August scores & will be reviewing my app within the next 6 weeks.

i just got a secondary from irvine too (first time aug mcater). i guess they send them in groups. have you heard from any other uc's?

First time Aug MCATer. Got email from Georgetown today saying they had my MCATS and that my file had been submitted to the committe.

got UC Davis secondary today.

EVMS and OSU have downloaded new scores.......so hopefully we will be hearing from them soon.

Any of the first time August MCAT takers receive a Standford secondary yet???

skiracer90 said:

stanford isn't screening this year. I got an app a week or two before the mcat. (I'm a first timer.)

I am still waiting for one

August MCATer (re-taker) here. I applied to only NYC schools, and have yet to hear from any. Argh!! I called SUNY Downstate today to check if they have everything, and they said yes, including MCATs. Send me an interview invite already!! Guess the committee has to review my stuff first??

Annoyed in NYC,

BH

Oh man! This can't be good . . . I'm reading your posts about UC schools and Mayo, and I still haven't heard from any of them. I'll bet they're typing up my rejection letter right now! Crap!

Khenon said:
Oh man! This can't be good . . . I'm reading your posts about UC schools and Mayo, and I still haven't heard from any of them. I'll bet they're typing up my rejection letter right now! Crap!

You have nothing to worry about yet. I bet schools send out completion notices in batches; everybody gets them, & I'm sure they don't mean anything. My AMCAS was processed two months ago. Mayo received my $75 about 6 weeks ago.

Schools are just beginning to process our apps. It'll take some time for them to read all those essays, so we should should all just chill for the next couple of weeks.

OSU Interview Invite today

i think you're one of our firsts!!! congrats.
quick question: had you taken the april mcat? if you did, do you think you may have gotten the invite from the first scores?
just curious.

skiracer90 said:

I'm a first time August MCAT taker... but I got my Stanford Secondary waaaay before the scores were released. I think I got it right about mid August.

Things are beginning to stir for me (1st time August MCATer)...

(1) Interviewed at COMP yesterday.

(2) Set to interview with DMU this weekend.

(3) U of Utah received the MCAT scores and sent me their secondary this morning.

(4) U of Washington (my first choice!) sent me a letter telling me they've downloaded the scores and will be notifying me of a decision to interview or not in the next month or so.

That's it for now...

Good luck, everyone! :luck: :luck: :luck:

UT-Lilly said:
i think you're one of our firsts!!! congrats.
quick question: had you taken the april mcat? if you did, do you think you may have gotten the invite from the first scores?
just curious.

Yes, I did take April MCAT. There is no chance I would've gotten invite from April scores (6VR).

Congrats, premedgeek & MsEvolution, on the interviews! And congrats to the people getting UC secondary invites, too.

I now have interviews at Miami and South FL. Miami actually contacted me for an interview before MCAT scores were released. I didn't take the MCAT in April, but I do have scores on file from '96, so maybe they were going on that? South FL called this morning.

Seems like my state schools, which get fewer applicants (Miami ~2500, South FL ~1500 according to MSAR), are contacting me quickly. It may be a while at the private schools that get 5000+ applicants.

:luck: everybody.

I got a letter from UW today saying they got my MCAT scores and will let me know if they want me to submit a secondary or not. I'm out of state and non MSTP though, so the answer is likely no.

NYU Interview Invite Today!

It's starting to happen, people!

Anyone heard anything from UMN, UNMC, Mizzou, or Mayo?

I'm a first-time (August) MCATer...3.85 GPA 30 O MCAT, Iowa resident

I received secondaries from Iowa and MCW without MCAT scores, received interview from Iowa after scores received.
Confirmation of primary app from UMN and Mayo, confirmation of score receipt from Mayo, but that's it so far.

Anyone know when I should expect secondaries/rejections/interview invites?

THANKS, and good luck to everyone else! :luck:

:D