Aunty's Average DAT Breakdown (19AA/20TS/20PAT)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Auntymarkovnikov

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took the DAT this past Friday and was pretty bummed. I was hoping to score way higher but obviously that did not happen. I know my scores aren't bad but I put in so much work and thought I deserved better. (Studied from early June to mid-August) I'm considering a retake. Here are my scores:
PAT: 20
QR: 18
RC: 20
BIO: 20
GC: 19
OC: 20
TS: 20
AA:19
I think what hurt me the most was taking the DAT before taking any bio pre-reqs. I began studying for the DAT without having any prior knowledge of biology. I did not even know what the nucleus did. Destroyer was my main study source for biology and it shot my score up to a 20.
Here's a brief description of how I studied for each section:

PAT (20):
Bootcamp generators.. enough said. One of my angles was cut off, which tripped me out. Also, one of my shapes on the pattern folding section was like half shaded. I couldn't tell if it was white or shaded so whoever made that shape had no chill.

QR (18):
I knew my score was going to suckkk. I simply had no motivation to do well in this section. The last math class I took was pre-calc and I took it 5 years ago. Math Destroyer and the Destroyer QC questions kept me alive in this section. I didn't finish the math destroyer. I just casually went through it. If I went through the whole thing at least once I definitely would have scored higher.

RC (20):
BYU4You method... enough said. I got a trippy passage on depth perception.. I felt like I was in the movie Inception. Almost walked out of the room lol.

BIO (20):
Destroyer AF. With my bio background, I should not have scored any higher than a 16. I dedicated a solid month of my studying time to biology. For about a week and a half, 8-10 hours a day, it was all about bio destroyer. I made a flash card for every. single. question. I also wrote down every single bit of information. I would go home mentally and physically drained from this. Often times I would have to ice my hand from the pain of writing so much information down. Once I finished I dedicated every day to studying these cards. Side note: my first time through bio destroyer, I did not know A SINGLE QUESTION. My first practice test score was so low and pathetic, Bootcamp wouldn't even tell me my actual score. It just said <13 lmao.
Long story short, Destroyer carried me to a 20. I was stupid for taking this test before my bio pre-reqs since it took away time that could have been spent on other subjects, but I will say that destroyer enabled me to score higher than some bio majors who take this exam. (I'm a non science major)

GC (19):
Chad's videos for life. I haven't taken gen chem in 5 years. I went through the destroyer and after going through it once, I ignored gen chem and went hard on bio. This was a mistake because I forgot some gen chem. I should have done questions from every subject everyday.

OC (20):
Destroyer and Chad prepared me so well for this section. I scored up to 27 on my Bootcamp tests. I did amazing in my O chem classes in school. TBH idk what happened here. The test scared me ****less... nothing in bootcamp compared to my test. I didn't know I had weaknesses in o chem, but this test must have exposed every single one.

Final notes:

TAKE YOUR PRE-REQS BEFORE YOU TAKE THIS THING PLEASE! I studied pretty hard for this thing. 8-12 hours per day. I was 100% detached from society. Much of this time was spent struggling to desperately learn biology. If I have to re-take it, I will come back much stronger, with 4+ bio classes under my belt. Side note: consider using Feralis notes instead of wikipedia to look up bio facts. Type what you're looking for in the search bar. It will usually tell you just the right amount of info you need to know for the DAT.
Shout out to the GOAT (@Ari Rezaei ) although I didn't score how I was dreaming I would score, bootcamp came in way too clutch.
Shout out to everyone on SDN for giving helpful advice throughout this process. I met some pretty cool people on here.
Time to get back to the gym.. AUNTY OUT

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20 users
Thank you for the break down and the tips. Beautiful and consistent scores. I know you worked hard and you deserved higher, but sometimes life takes something away from us only to give us something better, you never know which school would have not accepted you with a higher score and you might be surprised on which schools will accept you now! So don't feel bad you did very well and you should be proud!
Also, awesome RC, you managed to go up from 15 in Bootcamp to 20 on the real thing, great work!

Reactions: 6 users
Thank you for the break down and the tips. Beautiful and consistent scores. I know you worked hard and you deserved higher, but sometimes life takes something away from us only to give us something better, you never know which school would have not accepted you with a higher score and you might be surprised on which schools will accept you now! So don't feel bad you did very well and you should be proud!
Also, awesome RC, you managed to go up from 15 in Bootcamp to 20 on the real thing, great work!
Thanks Faefly! You a real one <3

Reactions: 1 user
Well I took the DAT this past Friday and was pretty bummed. I was hoping to score way higher but obviously that did not happen. As I returned to my car I yelled every curse word possible and proceeded to drive home then sleep for the rest of the weekend. I know my scores aren't bad but I put in so much work and thought I deserved better. (Studied from early June to mid-August) I'm considering a retake. Here are my scores:
PAT: 20
QR: 18
RC: 20
BIO: 20
GC: 19
OC: 20
TS: 20
AA:19 (how tf...)
I think what hurt me the most was taking the DAT before taking any bio pre-reqs. I told this to Nancy ( @orgoman22 ) but i'll say it again. I began studying for the DAT without having any prior knowledge of biology. I did not even know what a nucleus was. DAT Destroyer was my primary study source for biology and it shot my score up to a 20.
Here's a brief description of how I studied for each section:

PAT (20):
Bootcamp generators.. enough said. One of my angles was cut off, which tripped me out. Also, one of my shapes on the pattern folding section was like half shaded. I couldn't tell if it was white or shaded and I have 20/20 vision. Whoever made that shape wasn't cool.

QR (18):
I knew my score was going to suck. I simply had no motivation to do well in this section. The last math class I took was pre-calc and I took it 5 years ago. Math Destroyer and the Destroyer QC questions kept me alive in this section. I didn't finish the math destroyer. I just casually went through it. If I went through the whole thing at least once I definitely would have scored higher.

RC (20):
BYU4You method... enough said. I got a trippy passage on depth perception.. I felt like I was in the movie Inception. Almost walked out of the room lol.

BIO (20):
Destroyer AF. With my bio background, I should not have scored any higher than a 17. I dedicated a solid month of my studying time to biology. For about a week and a half, 8-10 hours a day, it was all about bio destroyer. I made a flash card for every. single. question. I also wrote down every. single. bit. of information. I would go home mentally and physically drained from this. Often times I would have to ice my hand from the pain of writing so much information down. Once I finished I dedicated every day to studying these cards. Side note: my first time through bio destroyer, I did not know A SINGLE QUESTION. I felt like I was reading a book upside down, in Polish, in the dark with my eyes closed.. behind a wall, from a mile away. My first practice test score was so low and pathetic, Bootcamp wouldn't even tell me my actual score. It just said <13.
Long story short, all of my biology knowledge comes from Destroyer biology. It carried me to a 20. I was stupid for taking this test before my bio pre-reqs since it took away time that could have been spent on other subjects, but I will say that destroyer enabled me to score higher than some bio majors who take this exam. (I'm a history major)

GC (19):
Chad's videos for life. I haven't taken gen chem in 5 years. I went through the destroyer. After going through it once I ignored gen chem and went hard on bio. This was a mistake because I forgot everything about gen chem. I should have done questions from every subject everyday.

OC (20):
Destroyer and Chad prepared me so well for this section. I scored up to 27 on my Bootcamp tests. I did amazing in my O chem classes in school. TBH idk what happened here. The test scared me ****less... nothing in bootcamp compared to my test. I didn't know I had weaknesses in o chem, but this test must have exposed every single one. I felt physically and mentally violated during the test.

Final notes:

TAKE YOUR PRE-REQS BEFORE YOU TAKE THIS THING PLEASE! I would have done a more in depth review had I scored higher, but I feel like people only listen to you so owmuch with a 19AA. I studied so hard for this thing. 8-14 hours per day. I was 100% detached from society. Much of this time was spent struggling to desperately learn biology. If I have to re-take it, I will come back much stronger, with four bio classes under my belt. Side note: consider using Feralis notes instead of wikipedia to look up bio facts. Type what you're looking for in the search bar. It will usually tell you just the right amount of info you need to know for the DAT.
Shout out to the GOAT (@Ari Rezaei ) although I didn't score how I was dreaming I would score, bootcamp came in way too clutch.
Nancy and Jim: Thank you so much for producing Destroyer and always being there for random strangers on SDN. You don't even know us and you go wayyyy out of your way to give us advice and answer all of our questions. If I have a chance at an interview, it's because of you guys. Bless up.
Shout out to everyone on SDN for giving helpful advice throughout this process. I met some pretty cool people on here :)
Time to get back to the gym.. AUNTY OUT

My friend Aunty!! You are back..Amazing scores for a kid who didn't know a nucleus from a nutcracker:) Thank you for posting your scores and sharing your DATexperience.

Contact me if you should need any help during the interview process.

Nancy and Dr. Jim Romano

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My friend Aunty!! You are back..Amazing scores for a kid who didn't know a nucleus from a nutcracker:) Thank you for posting your scores and sharing your DAT
experience.

Contact me if you should nee day help during the interview process.

Nancy and Dr. Jim Romano
:)

Last edited:
Aunty,

Your scores are really consistent. Good job! I personally think that if you have a good GPA you should have interviews! Good luck!

Don't be bummed Aunty! You did well. You should get some interviews. Best of luck to you.

Good scores and consistent especially since you haven't taken your pre reqs. You should definitely get some interviews.

Great job! You scored really consistently - I wouldn't be disappointed or worried. If you do decide to retake, let me know and I'll be happy to help you out with specific advice.

You did well, Aunty! I'm a weathered biology major and got a 21 on the bio section. You got a 20; I'd say that is a job well done my friend! I have many friends that did not do as well as you in that section and have strong bio backgrounds. Based on the charismatic nature of all of your posts, you'll interview well. Best of luck out there.

Reactions: 1 users
You know I will :)
You did well, Aunty! I'm a weathered biology major and got a 21 on the bio section. You got a 20; I'd say that is a job well done my friend! I have many friends that did not do as well as you in that section and have strong bio backgrounds. Based o a gn the charismatic nature of all of your posts, you'll interview well. Best of luck out there.
I agree, he will interview great! Charisma is a great thing..Will miss seeing the kid around.

Nancy

I don't think you should be disappointed at all in these scores, it seems like you have come a long way from the beginning of your studies. Keep your head up, best of luck.

Awesome job, bro! Don't be too hard on yourself. Squad!!