Australian citizen IMG fresh grad+internship done overseas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

what do you think

  • UK-PLAB-FY1 or FY2

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • USMLE

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AMC

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

Enigma2016

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there
I was born in Australia ,left when i was child -family issues .i finished my MBBS overseas in 2015 then did my internship and finished in Dec 2015 then left my ENT residency in my original country(due to safety issues ) back to Aus to join my family just last month , start preparing for the AMC exams .
I've been distracted by imgs opinions regarding my situation and that really made me depressed and hopeless .
I have only limited cash for the next step and should be aware of not getting Gaps.
but the good thing im still 25-young- and not married so more flexible with making decisions .
I really need your advice guys its crucial to me .ive already started preparing for the AMC1-MCQ but im really frustrated from what i heard from many imgs forums regarding Oz. should i keep going and give it my best shot and see how things work or should i think about other place like UK(as experience not a must,more positions available ,gaps not a big deal as Oz....i mean you pass ,you get a job whatever,FY1 at worst ) ....i excluded US bc it needs long preparation time and needs to be fresh grad when matching..
Ps:i managed to secure an observership position in a big hospital
I really appreciate your help mates .
thanks