Australian Society of Anaesthetists logo is just someone holding a cup of coffee.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

woopedazz

Gassy McGasface
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
ASA-Logo-with_RGB_full-colour.png

(Apparently it's supposed to be ether??)

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Airway bagel coffee

I was talking to a surgeon who did fellowship in australia and said that he would look over the drapes and see the anesthesiologist having a 3 course meal on a tray back there.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
prolly a flame symbolizing vigilance...personally I prefer the griffin, but that would be way too Western civilization and aggressive to make it past the censorship committees....it'd be pretty cool though...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Airway bagel coffee

I was talking to a surgeon who did fellowship in australia and said that he would look over the drapes and see the anesthesiologist having a 3 course meal on a tray back there.
Today I ate a bag of beef jerky under the mask. Also I found a chocolate bar in one of the anaesthetic machine drawers, but I didn't eat it. :giggle:

Reactions: 1 user
Today I ate a bag of beef jerky under the mask. Also I found a chocolate bar in one of the anaesthetic machine drawers, but I didn't eat it. :giggle:
I'm pretty sure the DOH and CMS would be flying into the hospital like the CDA agents in Monsters Inc if they ever saw a hint of that lol. The pharmacy loses their mind when. They see an EMPTY labeled syringes that people make up and leave in pyxis. Food, oh dear Lord

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
One of my friends wife is a pharmacist and thinks it’s not safe how we create our own infusions and push our own drugs without having to go through a computer verification like a nurse on the floor does. LOL. If she only knew how much More rouge stuff we do I think she would have a heart attack

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
One of my friends wife is a pharmacist and thinks it’s not safe how we create our own infusions and push our own drugs without having to go through a computer verification like a nurse on the floor does. LOL. If she only knew how much More rouge stuff we do I think she would have a heart attack
Ah yes, patient is in severe anaphylaxis and bronchospasm. Let me call the pharmacy to get epi diluted under the hood and wait to have sent over. Send them the death certificate to hang on their walls so they can be proud of their sterile technique. Same way our blood bank refuses to release emergency blood unless we give them an initial set of vital signs, let alone the fact the reason I need blood isn't a question, I need it now!. *****s, all of them. They should have a mandatory rotation in the OR to understand how unnecessarily obstructionist they are and to convince them the patient won't die, but will if they need to obstruct everything we do

Reactions: 4 users

I mix all sorts of medications in the same syringe

Reactions: 7 users
This far along in my career I have a goal of minimizing the ridiculous amount of waste produced from simple straight forward cases. I often have a goal of using 1 syringe for the entire case.

I'm sorry but giving 1 dose of dexamethasone does not warrant the waste of a complete syringe, packaging, and fill needle.

Reactions: 3 users
Me: since you took all of my concentrated potassium vials away I need you to send me a couple more bags of the 20 meq/100 ml KCL for this heart.
Pharmacy: You know you need a central line for that, right?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users