Army Automatic HPSP qualification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Leta0520

Reaction score
Is there still an automatic qualification for Army HPSP? If so do you still have to track down letters of recommendation and all that? I have a 3.7 GPA and a 505 MCAT with 125 or higher in each section.

Members don't see this ad.

Is there still an automatic qualification for Army HPSP? If so do you still have to track down letters of recommendation and all that? I have a 3.7 GPA and a 505 MCAT with 125 or higher in each section.
I believe that you still need to submit a full application packet to the board even if you qualify under the Automatic Acceptance Criteria (AAC). It just guarantees your acceptance at the board. However, for the AAC, you need a 507 MCAT.

Reactions: 1 user
I believe that you still need to submit a full application packet to the board even if you qualify under the Automatic Acceptance Criteria (AAC). It just guarantees your acceptance at the board. However, for the AAC, you need a 507 MCAT.
Thank you. Do you know by chance if for the LOR requirement if a committee letter will cover that? I asked my army HPSP recruiter and he said he didn't even know what a committee letter was :/

Thank you. Do you know by chance if for the LOR requirement if a committee letter will cover that? I asked my army HPSP recruiter and he said he didn't even know what a committee letter was :/
My recruiter told me that it needs to be submitted on letterhead, so the committee letter alone would not be sufficient. I'm just asking each of my recommenders to submit them separately. Also, while 3 is the minimum that is required, it is strongly recommended to get 5.

Members don't see this ad :)
My recruiter told me that it needs to be submitted on letterhead, so the committee letter alone would not be sufficient. I'm just asking each of my recommenders to submit them separately. Also, while 3 is the minimum that is required, it is strongly recommended to get 5.
Awesome, thank you for the information! I'll ask for some other LORs beside the committee. He said 4 are required so would the committee letter at least count for 3 do you think?

Awesome, thank you for the information! I'll ask for some other LORs beside the committee. He said 4 are required so would the committee letter at least count for 3 do you think?
It's definitely a minimum of 3, not 4. That's per USAREC Regulation 601-37, paragraph 5-8a. That regulation lays out all of the requirements of the HPSP application, as well, in Appendix B.

My understanding is that the committee letter itself will only count as 1. However, if the committee letter includes copies of other individual letters written on letterhead, those may count toward the total. I definitely recommend getting 5 total, though.

Reactions: 1 user
It's definitely a minimum of 3, not 4. That's per USAREC Regulation 601-37, paragraph 5-8a. That regulation lays out all of the requirements of the HPSP application, as well, in Appendix B.

My understanding is that the committee letter itself will only count as 1. However, if the committee letter includes copies of other individual letters written on letterhead, those may count toward the total. I definitely recommend getting 5 total, though.
Okay what the heck my recruiter must be all sorts of confused then with what's a requirement. But thank you for the information, I'll track down 5!