Automatic interview invite from Michigan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thebillsfan

Unseasoned Veteran
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I and several other people have gotten this email:

file:///private/var/folders/AX/AXEWH+BwEOO3E4VHW2UsJk+++TI/TemporaryItems/fcctemp/Attach0%203.html

Hopefully this link works. But basically we got interviews to Mich already--how is that possible? Is it some kind of mistake?

Members don't see this ad.

I and several other people have gotten this email:

file:///private/var/folders/AX/AXEWH+BwEOO3E4VHW2UsJk+++TI/TemporaryItems/fcctemp/Attach0%203.html

Hopefully this link works. But basically we got interviews to Mich already--how is that possible? Is it some kind of mistake?
This is a common thing from Michigan and they've been doing it for the past few years. The way Director Ruiz explained it on my interview day was that people with above a certain GPA and MCAT (last year I think it was 3.8 and 38) get put into a "speedy review" pile and get a very quick glance over before they're granted an interview. The idea behind it is that many of these high stat applicants are likely to get an interview anyway, so they speed up the process for them.

A common theory on old Michigan school specific threads is that they only grant these "automatic" interviews to people from "top" institutions, but I don't know if this is rumor, speculation, or something direct from the Michigan adcom.

Either way, it's not a mistake. Congrats, and if the interview goes well, you very well could have an acceptance on midnight on October 15th!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've heard that for some applicants, they will offer automatic interviews based on certain GPA/MCAT criteria.

More motivation for me to do as well as I possibly can! :thumbup:

Good luck at your interview!