-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
AVC/UPEI c/o 2026 Applicants
Started by HalifaxHopeful
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
HopefullyBabyVet
Full Member
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE APPLYING! 🙂
Submitted earlier this month before the extension. This is my boyfriend's alma mater and the only non US school I'm applying to 🙂 Fingers crossed! I'm hopeful and excited for this cycle.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard anything? Even just confirmation that they received your application? Been radio silence for me 🙁
HopefullyBabyVet
Full Member
I just got an email telling me that they have received my application, make sure you check yours!Has anyone heard anything? Even just confirmation that they received your application? Been radio silence for me 🙁
Just got that as well!I just got an email telling me that they have received my application, make sure you check yours!
I just got another email that my application is being reviewed by admissions even though the previous email they sent said that I had to set up a portal/complete payment before my application would be considered complete. Did you get a second email too?I just got an email telling me that they have received my application, make sure you check yours!
HopefullyBabyVet
Full Member
Yup! I would just wait and see if they have any other instructions! There is no point in trying to figure out what they want us to do when they'll just let us know soon.I just got another email that my application is being reviewed by admissions even though the previous email they sent said that I had to set up a portal/complete payment before my application would be considered complete. Did you get a second email too?
So excited by all the emails I'm getting from AVC 🙂 Do you think interview invites will be delayed by the VMCAS extension? I think invites normally would go out by the end of this month and they did say that interviews would be Late Nov/Early Dec...
A little confused on the emails. I set up my portal but no instruction on how to pay the supplemental yet. Is that supposed to come in a separate email than the portal/account activation one?
Yes 🙂 It should be coming soon but she mentioned they may be off by a few days. She also said we might get an email saying that our application is incomplete and needs something but that's referring to the fee payment in most cases.A little confused on the emails. I set up my portal but no instruction on how to pay the supplemental yet. Is that supposed to come in a separate email than the portal/account activation one?
Doraemon123
Full Member
When are we required to send fall grades?
HopefullyBabyVet
Full Member
Whoever applied in the international cohort, check your emails! 🙂
Got offered an interview!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sweet! Where to?Got offered an interview!
Doraemon123
Full Member
interview!
Accepted my invite 🙂 My boyfriend and I were flying back from a veterinary seminar when I got the email. Was buzzing with excitement the entire flight <3
Accepted my invite to interview! I’m so excited, this is my first time applying. Does anyone know how many people they usually invite to interview and then accept? I’m just trying to gauge how excited I should let myself be!
pupperchino
New Member
Hi, just wondering if you were an international or domestic applicant. Also was wondering if you got your interview invite on Monday like the other people in the thread. Just trying to see if all interview invites were sent out on the same day. Thanks!Accepted my invite to interview! I’m so excited, this is my first time applying. Does anyone know how many people they usually invite to interview and then accept? I’m just trying to gauge how excited I should let myself be!
Domestic interview invites will not go out until spring. International students have only been invited so far!Hi, just wondering if you were an international or domestic applicant. Also was wondering if you got your interview invite on Monday like the other people in the thread. Just trying to see if all interview invites were sent out on the same day. Thanks!
Hi, I’m an international applicant (from the US) and I got the invite on Monday!Hi, just wondering if you were an international or domestic applicant. Also was wondering if you got your interview invite on Monday like the other people in the thread. Just trying to see if all interview invites were sent out on the same day. Thanks!
pupperchino
New Member
Ah good to know. Thank you!Domestic interview invites will not go out until spring. International students have only been invited so far!
pupperchino
New Member
Oooh ok thanks for letting me know and congrats on the interview!!Hi, I’m an international applicant (from the US) and I got the invite on Monday!
Do they let you know if you don’t get an invite? I haven’t heard anything yet.
Did anyone get confirmation of receipt when they accepted their interview invite? I don’t want to bother as I know Sharon is busy but the whole “if we do not receive your response by xyz we will move forward without you” has me on edge
This is my first time applying so I am unsure if they send invites in waves. I did see people reporting two different dates of receipts so far. Unsure if more will go out after this friday when we were told to accept invites by.Do they let you know if you don’t get an invite? I haven’t heard anything yet.
Sharon replied to my acceptance with a “thank you!” about 15 minutes after I sent my email. I would check that yours actually sent, but it could just be that she’s getting more emails as the deadline gets closer or depending on the time you sent it she’s done working for the day 🙂Did anyone get confirmation of receipt when they accepted their interview invite? I don’t want to bother as I know Sharon is busy but the whole “if we do not receive your response by xyz we will move forward without you” has me on edge
Last edited:
I didn’t and I responded immediately. I just sent Sharon another email to confirm she received my previous one and she responded thank youDid anyone get confirmation of receipt when they accepted their interview invite? I don’t want to bother as I know Sharon is busy but the whole “if we do not receive your response by xyz we will move forward without you” has me on edge
HopefullyBabyVet
Full Member
She also replied to my email with a thank you! If you're on edge you can give them a call just in case.Did anyone get confirmation of receipt when they accepted their interview invite? I don’t want to bother as I know Sharon is busy but the whole “if we do not receive your response by xyz we will move forward without you” has me on edge
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don’t know how many apply from NS honestly. Unsure if this is still accurate but Wikipedia says there are 16 NS seats per class. Idk why but I am also recalling the number 13 from past SDN threads. My boyfriend said they upped the amount of seats for international students but I am unsure if that influences domestic seats.Hello. Is there anyone who might know about how many people apply from Nova Scotia in any given year?
16 for NS and 13 for NBI don’t know how many apply from NS honestly. Unsure if this is still accurate but Wikipedia says there are 16 NS seats per class. Idk why but I am also recalling the number 13 from past SDN threads. My boyfriend said they upped the amount of seats for international students but I am unsure if that influences domestic seats.
LB10
New Member
Thank you! Trying to get an idea of the number of applicants from which the 16 are determined. 🙂I don’t know how many apply from NS honestly. Unsure if this is still accurate but Wikipedia says there are 16 NS seats per class. Idk why but I am also recalling the number 13 from past SDN threads. My boyfriend said they upped the amount of seats for international students but I am unsure if that influences domestic seats.
Yeah I wish they posted admission statistics! I’m so curious about how many international students applied/interviewed and typical gpa.Thank you! Trying to get an idea of the number of applicants from which the 16 are determined. 🙂
This could be completely false but I’ve heard that on average, 6 people apply per seat and 2 are interviewed per seat - give or take a coupleThank you! Trying to get an idea of the number of applicants from which the 16 are determined. 🙂
LB10
New Member
Thank you for the info! 🙂This could be completely false but I’ve heard that on average, 6 people apply per seat and 2 are interviewed per seat - give or take a couple
Does anyone know if they sent out all interview invitations yet? I’ve only seen one day of people receiving emails from them. I haven’t heard anything and am super nervous
HopefullyBabyVet
Full Member
depends if you're international or domestic. For international, they should all be sent out, but if you're domestic then you haven't received your invites yet !Does anyone know if they sent out all interview invitations yet? I’ve only seen one day of people receiving emails from them. I haven’t heard anything and am super nervous
Doraemon123
Full Member
has anyone heard back about the interview date?
HopefullyBabyVet
Full Member
Nope, nothing yet!has anyone heard back about the interview date?
HopefullyBabyVet
Full Member
Got my interview date!
Me too! Time to prep 🙂Got my interview date!
Doraemon123
Full Member
Hmmmm I didn't get mine yet even though I replied on the same day...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same!!!!! I'm freakin outHmmmm I didn't get mine yet even though I replied on the same day...
Doraemon123
Full Member
I will email her tomorrow just so I don't look desperate 🙂Same!!!!! I'm freakin out
I emailed her today as I am super desperate LOLI will email her tomorrow just so I don't look desperate 🙂
Just got my interview date and time. 11/30
My interview is 11/26 ahhhhh! It’s happening!!!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 2K