AVC/UPEI c/o 2026 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Admission decisions are getting close! Does anyone remember the date emails were sent from last year?

Members don't see this ad.

Admission decisions are getting close! Does anyone remember the date emails were sent from last year?
I heard back that I hadn’t been accepted on June 15 last year. If you watch the Facebook page AVC Class of 2026, you can see when they start adding more people, usually meaning that people are being accepted!

Reactions: 1 user
HI everyone, have been following this group for a while but am just making my first post!
I'm a NS resident, first time applicant, anxiously waiting notification of acceptance! Fingers crossed for everyone!:xf::xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
I looked at the c/o 2025 thread from last year, and it looks like people started to hear on June 11th, the second Friday in June, for NS applicants.

Anyone else constantly refreshing their email now? I feel like a crazy person!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else constantly refreshing their email now? I feel like a crazy person!
I also check the AVC class of 2026 Facebook page like every 30 mins to see if they’ve started adding new ppl lol

JUST RECEIVED MY ACCEPTANCE!! Keep an eye on your inboxes guys!!! (NB)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I GOT MY ACCEPTANCE!!! (NB) I’ll be praying for the rest of you, good luck with your applications!!!

Reactions: 4 users
ACCEPTANCE FOR NL!!! Congratulations to everyone and good luck to those waiting 💕

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I just received my acceptance from NL!! I hope everyone else get their acceptances soon ❤️

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Got my acceptance (NS)!
Congratulations to everyone so far!

Forgot about checking my email today but I just looked and got the best news ever!! See you guys at UPEI in the fall! ACCEPTED!!!! (NL)

• Love
Forgot about checking my email today but I just looked and got the best news ever!! See you guys at UPEI in the fall! ACCEPTED!!!! (NL)
Congratulations!! There is a whole 3 of us 😂 See you in the fall!

Reactions: 1 users
For everyone who got the news they were hoping for today, congratulations! Take time to celebrate, let it sink in, and revel in the feeling!
I hope those of you who got waitlisted get good news soon, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Don't give up hope!
For anyone who didn't get good news this year, remember to be kind to yourself. This is an incredibly difficult field to pursue (for good reason!). Grieve the loss, take your time coming to terms with it, and get support if you need it.

You are all incredible, amazing sunbeams! Be proud, stand tall, and keep being the caring, compassionate, dedicated stars you are

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Just saw my acceptance (NB), so happy! Now on to apartment searching hahaha

Bit of a dumb question, but I am filling out my student loan applications, and was wondering if anyone knew if the DVM qualifies as “undergraduate” or “graduate” studies? I know that on UPEI’s application system it’s classified as undergrad but I wasn’t sure if that was broadly applicable

Bit of a dumb question, but I am filling out my student loan applications, and was wondering if anyone knew if the DVM qualifies as “undergraduate” or “graduate” studies? I know that on UPEI’s application system it’s classified as undergrad but I wasn’t sure if that was broadly applicable
It is undergrad!!

I was wondering if anyone knew what the last day for accepted applicants to confirm their spot was? I feel like I’ve heard it was July 1st but I’m not sure. Anyone know?

To the ℅ 2026, take in your last days of summer! See you all at orientation, and if anyone wants to go out for dinner/lunch/ice cream or check out a beach this weekend send me a message!

Hi all! Congrats on your acceptances, I hope the year is going well for you so far! I was wondering if there would be someone that would be able to message me that was an international US applicant that got an interview/acceptance that may have been a not-so-competitive applicant elsewhere. I am really hoping to go to AVC so I am wanting to see if there may have been any similar applicants. :)

Hey everyone! Just had a quick question. I'm applying this year. To those who were interviewed and/or accepted, how did you fill out your animal experience forms? Did you do a more jot-note type of format? Or, is there a way to change the formatting to type more? I'm trying to type out the things I'm responsible for in one of my positions, and I don't have enough room to list everything with full sentences.