AVC/UPEI c/o 2026 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Im stressed out after seeing that "welcome class of 2026" hope to hear from them soon!! I keep checking my email and UPEI account!

Members don't see this ad.

Literally checking my email every 5 seconds. How is it even possible to have technical difficulties for almost an entire week….?

Reactions: 1 user
Literally checking my email every 5 seconds. How is it even possible to have technical difficulties for almost an entire week….?
They should just write them individually at this point. Or call people. Anything!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
PEI had a huge COVID outbreak. Maybe they just don’t have the staff rn. I’m sure we’ll find out soon!

Does anyone care to ask Sharon for an update? I've bothered her way too many times.....

Does anyone care to ask Sharon for an update? I've bothered her way too many times.....
I would also appreciate an update! She replied to my email with "Hi again" yesterday even though I started a new thread :lol:

PEI had a huge COVID outbreak. Maybe they just don’t have the staff rn. I’m sure we’ll find out soon!

Also can confirm they are struggling with their IT system. I tried to refer a case last Friday and was told to call back Monday because their entire system was down and they could do nothing haha. So it's not just baby hopeful vets waiting, the licensed vets were also told to take a number :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Can confirm UPEI, AVC specifically, has been struggling with tech for over a week now. Be patient :)

INTERNATIONAL ACCEPTANCE !!!!! I AM SO EXCITED

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
International Acceptance! I have already committed elsewhere and will be declining my seat.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations International Acceptances! Would anyone know the cutoff GPA for this group of applicants?

International acceptance!!! Congratulations everyone!!! Is the school anyones top choice?

Woohoo! Congrats to everyone who got an acceptance! Hoping to see some of you in the fall!

• Love
I also haven't received an email yet, I hope everyone hears back today!
Well that makes me feel better! I emailed Sharon. I know they've had a plethora of technical difficulties.

international acceptance!!! :')))) so so so happy

I also got an international acceptance! Congratulations to everyone who received an email, we’re gonna be vets!! I’m still waiting on some US schools but this is my first acceptance so it’s definitely a weight taken off my shoulders 😄

Reactions: 2 users
I also got an international acceptance! Congratulations to everyone who received an email, we’re gonna be vets!! I’m still waiting on some US schools but this is my first acceptance so it’s definitely a weight taken off my shoulders 😄
Congratulations! How long do you have to decide whether to accept the invitation?

Alternate list came out!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know where I can find the c/o 2025 'class profile'/stats i.e., Interviewed/Accetped, Male vs Female ratio, avg gpa, etc.? Congrats to those that were accepted and keep your head up for those that were not! Everyone is on their own journey.

How do we know if the offer we were given is conditional? I have checked my email from them and it doesn't say anything about completing anything else to be 100% accepted just that I need to pay the fee by April 15.

Hi guys! With a lot of schools coming out with decisions recently, I was wondering if anyone has committed or is planning to commit to upei/avc! I’ve been accepted here and at LIU so far, and currently have no clue where I’ll end up in the fall. Is anyone in a similar boat?😅

Hi guys! With a lot of schools coming out with decisions recently, I was wondering if anyone has committed or is planning to commit to upei/avc! I’ve been accepted here and at LIU so far, and currently have no clue where I’ll end up in the fall. Is anyone in a similar boat?😅
I’m still waiting on 4 schools! I love AVCs program and small class size, so I’d love to attend. Basically I’m just seeing if I get into a cheaper school lol.

I've just declined my seat after getting accepted to my IS program. Wishing y'all the best! :)

I am declining my seat for a school in the states. Good luck everyone.

NL applicant here - almost time to hear about interviews! Feeling anxious.

Anyone familiar with the academic calendar? How long are breaks/ what’s the break down of semester start and end?

Anyone familiar with the academic calendar? How long are breaks/ what’s the break down of semester start and end?
Start is usually end of august, first semester goes until December 15th-20th or so (depends on when your last exam is scheduled) with some long weekends in there. 2-3 weeks of Christmas break, again depending on your specific exam schedule. Second semester starts early Jan, we have a "study break" which consists of a 5 day weekend, a few long weekends here and there, and then it ends end of April.

Does anybody have a prediction on when we will hear about interviews? I don’t think it will be this coming week but I think it could possibly be the following!

Does anybody have a prediction on when we will hear about interviews? I don’t think it will be this coming week but I think it could possibly be the following!
In the past, it has been the Thursday or Friday before St. Patrick's day which would be this coming week. If not this week, I think definitely next week!

I applied last year as a Newfoundland resident and recieved an email on the 17th of March, so I would assume around the same time.

I applied last year as a Newfoundland resident and recieved an email on the 17th of March, so I would assume around the same time.
Are you applying again this year or did you get accepted? This is my second time applying as a NL resident. Fingers crossed for everyone!

Are you applying again this year or did you get accepted? This is my second time applying as a NL resident. Fingers crossed for every
Yes, I am applying again as a Newfoundland resident. If I don't get in this year, then I will be a PEI resident and I'll feel more confident.

I believe NS invites went out on the 15th last year, so keep an eye out today!

Reactions: 3 users
I’m anxiously awaiting for the invites to come out but also dreading it.. Every time that my phone buzzes I’m too scared to look!

Reactions: 3 users