Average AA/TS, low PAT. Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fridayenergy12

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I was looking for some advice on my scores. I took my DAT 5/26/2021, and received the following scores:
AA - 20
TS - 19
QR - 18
RC- 23
OC - 19
BIO - 18
GC - 22
PAT - 15
I am nervous about my application because of the obviously low PAT score. My overall GPA as well as my science GPA is a 3.5. I really do not want to take the DAT again, however I am worried that I will not get an interview or accepted into the schools that I applied for due to my 15. I applied to Tufts, BU, Temple (in state), Pitt (in state), LECOM, and Maryland. Does anybody have advice for this situation? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Id reach out to the schools and ask what their cutoff is for PAT! Thats my best advice, the other scores looks good but If your PAT is lower than their minimum then you will have to retake. What did you use to study for PAT? I used DATBooster and really liked it, especially their PAT exams

Reactions: 1 user
Id reach out to the schools and ask what their cutoff is for PAT! Thats my best advice, the other scores looks good but If your PAT is lower than their minimum then you will have to retake. What did you use to study for PAT? I used DATBooster and really liked it, especially their PAT exams
Thanks for the advice! I reached out to Temple and Tufts via email to ask if they have a specific cutoff for PAT earlier today, but I have not heard back yet. I really didn’t have a particular program to use for PAT, and I will admit that I did not give it enough time and panicked when taking that section of the exam. I basically just watched random YouTube videos for each section and then practiced using DAT boot camp’s app, which has a free PAT generator on there. I really should have spent more time on this section, but instead focused on OC and GC. I really appreciate your help!

Thanks for the advice! I reached out to Temple and Tufts via email to ask if they have a specific cutoff for PAT earlier today, but I have not heard back yet. I really didn’t have a particular program to use for PAT, and I will admit that I did not give it enough time and panicked when taking that section of the exam. I basically just watched random YouTube videos for each section and then practiced using DAT boot camp’s app, which has a free PAT generator on there. I really should have spent more time on this section, but instead focused on OC and GC. I really appreciate your help!
Of course!! PAT was challenging for me at first, but I really enjoyed the tips on Booster's PAT series. It def helped me in cube counting and TFE which were difficult for me when I started

Members don't see this ad :)
Of course!! PAT was challenging for me at first, but I really enjoyed the tips on Booster's PAT series. It def helped me in cube counting and TFE which were difficult for me when I started
That’s really good to know! I hope I don’t have to retake, but if I do then I will for sure use those resources. My biggest regret is not giving this section enough attention. I really struggled with TFE and hole punching for whatever reason!

@orgoman22 hi! Do you have any opinions on this? I used DAT destroyer for my science sections and would like to say thank you for everything, I feel as though the destroyer is the reason why I did good on my science sections :) I would love to hear your input. Thank you!

@orgoman22 hi! Do you have any opinions on this? I used DAT destroyer for my science sections and would like to say thank you for everything, I feel as though the destroyer is the reason why I did good on my science sections :) I would love to hear your input. Thank you!
Congratulations on you consistent DAT scores in the sciences, reading and QR, PAT at most schools is not a section that you have to get a super high score in, I think you have a decent chance for interviews at most schools you applied to. Because PITT is your state school and probably would be your first choice why not contact them directly by phone and discuss your situation with them. I have a years of experience in this area, but even I can not say for certainty what will happen. I have worked with many students through the years that have gotten into dental school with a low PAT score.

Wishing you the best and keep us posted on what you find out.

Nancy, co/owner, Destroyers

Congratulations on you consistent DAT scores in the sciences, reading and QR, PAT at most schools is not a section that you have to get a super high score in, I think you have a decent chance for interviews at most schools you applied to. Because PITT is your state school and probably would be your first choice why not contact them directly by phone and discuss your situation with them. I have a years of experience in this area, but even I can not say for certainty what will happen. I have worked with many students through the years that have gotten into dental school with a low PAT score.

Wishing you the best and keep us posted on what you find out.

Nancy, co/owner, Destroyers
Great, thank you for all your help! I appreciate all the work that you an Dr. Romano have put into the destroyer, as well as the advice you have given me on this post. Thank you!

Great, thank you for all your help! I appreciate all the work that you an Dr. Romano have put into the destroyer, as well as the advice you have given me on this post. Thank you!
Always happy to help. One of my past students is in her 4th year at Buffalo and had a similiar PAT score. She was worried too but had 5 acceptances but accepted Buffalo because it was a state school and less tuition than the other schools. Getting into dental school is more than the DAT score, they look at the total application. Have a strong personal statement.
Nancy

Always happy to help. One of my past students is in her 4th year at Buffalo and had a similiar PAT score. She was worried too but had 5 acceptances but accepted Buffalo because it was a state school and less tuition than the other schools. Getting into dental school is more than the DAT score, they look at the total application. Have a strong personal statement.
Nancy
That gives me some hope. These forums have a way of making it seem like everybody has perfect DAT scores, when in reality it wouldn’t be a notoriously tough exam if this was true. Again, I appreciate all that you do!

• Love