Average # OF Questions Wrong Per Passage

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

orbitaloverlap

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay...
I'm in about my 3rd - 4th week of MCAT study. Taking the test in late August. I am primarily using the TPR materials from the course. In the Science Workbook, my average # of questions wrong on the Gen Chem passages is about 3 wrong (average total # of Q's being 7-8). How does this translate into a rough score? How many wrong answers are permissable to obtain a 30+ on the actual exam?

Any personal testimonies?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Okay...
I'm in about my 3rd - 4th week of MCAT study. Taking the test in late August. I am primarily using the TPR materials from the course. In the Science Workbook, my average # of questions wrong on the Gen Chem passages is about 3 wrong (average total # of Q's being 7-8). How does this translate into a rough score? How many wrong answers are permissable to obtain a 30+ on the actual exam?

Any personal testimonies?

Thanks!

I think I worked out according to the scale some time ago that anything < 2 wrong/passage gives you a 10+ score on that section. So, if you're averaging like 1.5 wrong per passage or something, that's pretty good. My problem was always that I'd do well on most of the passages, but every once in a while, I'd just bomb one of the passages, and it'd drag that way down. Anyway, carry on ;).