avingupta...i hate you.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dentistinacan

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey bud,
Hate me because I have a great GPA, and worked my ass off on those nights you were out partying. Its all my fault my GPA is ridiculously high, and that I'm on the fast track to dental school...hate me for that please. Yeah whats wrong with a person who works their ass off, and doesn't "socialize". Absolutely nothing. Infact, instead of wasting your time (and mine as well in writing this post), go work on your sub par GPA. Further in fact, go work on your life. What is socialization to you? Throwing back a few beers? Avingupta, the world is not made up of people like you and yes their are introverts, and its my duty to support them and stand up for them. This isn't the ****ing mafia where we need to socialize to get by...when you apply you are a number, and we all know that. Our stats count as an incredible meter for our success in dental school, and I'm all for supporting the kid who locked himself up for 4 years to achieve a goal he or she had in mind rather than a kid who decided to get a crappy GPA yet be "the man". I've always hated cheats, and you're just another one of those lousy, annoying, and played out wanna be dentist that I encountered in many a science course...begging for notes...for answers for tests...and for a study session with the almighty me. Go get a life, and with a name like that, hell, go back to India...you terrorist.
Enough said...
:laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Umm, I hope you aren't serious. Granted, we all hate the way people do certain things, but I don't see how acting in this fashion is typical of someone to be in a professional career path. I mean, to each their own, but reconsider the way you feel about this other person who may be your colleague. He's probably just frustrated at seeing the insecurities of great candidates who have their choice of dental schools. But what do I know, except...

Love...don't hate :D

At this rate, this forum is going to be turned into a soap opera , who likes whom, who hates whom:rolleyes:
DAMNIT its studying for predents what's that got to do with soap operas!?:confused: :oops:

If you want to rot your brain watch soap operas.:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
If he didn't throw in that racist blast i would have cheered for him, but what's better than the old rolleyes routine? :rolleyes:

I agree with drPheta. This is a professional forum, and we should act like such. These kind of personal attacks can't bring anything good into the profession or the forum.

It is actually kind of sad :(

Give peace a chance!!;)

Actually people like this first poster may make a bad dentist.

As a dentist you need to be social and if your social skills are down, well good luck to you in this profession.

I'm not saying go out and get wasted and drink 24/7, but locking yourself in a room for four years to make good grades is ridicules.

I think you are better off with a 3.4 and good social skills then a 3.9 book worm. More power to you if you can pull a 3.9 and still have a socialable life out of school. I know its possible bec I have friends that have done it.

Not attacking the first poster, but get out and have some fun.

What if you are a 3.9 student with good social skills?

Originally posted by flong
What if you are a 3.9 student with good social skills?

Then you have the best of both worlds.:)

Gupta,

Ignore this guy. If he didnt throw in a racist comment at the end I would have waited for your response to him. Instead, just dont respond to him and let him hang out with his imaginary friends. :laugh:

BTW gupta's not the only east indian here :D

that last comment is just too much...there's no need to attack anyone's ethnicity under any situation. however i do kinda agree with the rest of your comments.

sometimes i just have to hand it to the "nerds". How they can gain satisfaction solely from books and forsake all other earthly pleasures is a great mystery to me. I can not study straight for 12h in the dead silence of the library like some of my classmates (hence my frequent visit here). However sometimes I also think the lives of "nerds" are less complicated- they don't have other issues to worry about such as relationships, fashion, tv, and time-wasting discussions about just what Matrix Revolutions was all about (which i did). High gpa seems to sustain their happiness (or does it?? i'll leave it for others to argue;) )

Do not discriminate and call people you don't know "terrorist". What will you do if you have indian patients? "Tell them to go back to India?" You are ridiculous.

Better learn to live with all kinds of people, doesn't matter they hate you or love you. Because you will have them for four years together. If you can't do it, dental school will be miserable for you

Blah, I didn't bother to read this thread but I would just like to say it's dumb. Hah.

I know I have only been a member since August, but I already miss the "good old days". This forum has become a little out of control.

Originally posted by ShawnOne
I know I have only been a member since August, but I already miss the "good old days". This forum has become a little out of control.

Exactly what I was going to post. Did anybody read the post from the pre-law person who complemented us on how professional we are and how we help everybody out so much that was posted a couple days ago? Well that has gone to hell in the past week or so.

And Dentistinican, see ya later, hope you enjoyed your time on SDN, and when you are 40 and your looking back and regreting how you were locked in a room doing nothing but studying for 4 or 8 years, take solace in the fact that others partied for you but accomplished the same thing that you have. Nothing against people who have worked really hard to accomplish their goals, just dont appreciate him ripping on people who have realized that that is not what life is all about.

Sorry guys, I was kinda reserved about replying, but I just wanted to clarify a couple of things.

First, I kinda wish I never wrote that thread in the first place cause no one understood what I was trying to say. LeStatZinnie was right...I was more annoyed than hating. I didnt mean to "hate"....DrPheta, I love the Beatles....Love dont hate...I totally believe in that! :D I believe my intentions were only good, however my approach may have been a bit off. I never said I hated people with high GPAs and if you thought that, than u got my post all wrong. I just dislike elitism. In my philosophy, no one is better than anyone regardless of intelligence, wealth, sex, ethnicity, etc. Just like how the medics think they are better than dentists! So that is why I was annoyed with people with the higher GPA's and thought they were better than others. I just wanted all the dental students to see each other on the same playing field and not superior to one another. People like Jaap with incredible stats are modest about it and take the time to help others, and I think thats cool and he is one I admire and would be a great professional! ;)

About the racist comment, being an Indian-Canadian, I never was used to racism at all. The only time I was faced with a bit of racism was when I lived in England for a year....I just hope that when I move to the States, I dont meet people like dentistinacan, cause all the Americans Ive met so far have been super cool. Its just odd how someone with such a "ridiculously" high GPA could think like that...makes me sometimes question the validity of the whole GPA. I wonder if he'll tell all his Indian patients to go back to India or better yet, if he gets an Indian interviewer!

About socializing, if one can argue and say that being social is not a needed skill will not be successful in life. However, a person with a 3.9 GPA and is sociable deserves my uttermost respect. IMO, being social is what makes people grow...I actually wrote this in my dental essay, that from my travels and the people Ive met, my perspective in life has grown/changed so much....I find it ironic that in a past post dentistinacan was wishing he had a social life and his recent post is perfect evidence of the ignorance that can develop if a person isolates themselves for their life. Some of my best memories in life are small things like hanging out with a bunch of amazingly friendly Moroccans on a train in Morocco (all in French, I was very proud of myself) or just hanging out with my buds in their basement, having hour long debates on which Ninja Turtle was the best. DONATELLO BY FAR! OH YAHHHHH! :D

I agree with GavinC, and come on now, I am not a racist, my girlfriend is pakistani, I repeat, I am no racist. My post was just as ignorant as the other guy's. Lets talk about dentistry, and NOT about ethnicity on here. All I tried to say was that why should anyone care what another person chooses to do with their life? If a person wants to study and bust their ass off to achieve great grades, more power to them. I never intended to get so many replies from people. Lets all have a group hug.

Direct attacks against others at SDN is a TOS violation. I've closed this thread.

The OP's account has been placed on a hold status.

Please behave professionally. Further TOS violations of this nature will result in account banning.

Status
Not open for further replies.