AVOID FOR-PROFIT PHARMACY SCHOOLS - HORROR AT SOUTH COLLEGE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dismissed with prejudice

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Future pharmacists,

I am giving you free advice; that which I would have appreciated in 2011, but there was no one to tell me. Do not be fooled by 3-year for-profit schools. Take that extra year at school: grow and develop your skills.

You have worked hard to get admitted to Pharmacy school, passed late night-outs because the organic chemistry scheme was not finished, spent endless nights polishing your admission paperwork, saved to pay for trips back and forth, and now you are ready to go. Congratulations! You made it.

Now some of you may have two choices: a public 4-year school and another overhyped private for-profit (though they never mention it) school promising to get you to the profession you love as soon as possible. I plead with you DO NOT, DO NOT buy into these lies. They lie and once they get you in: this is the operation mode - manipulate with 'friendship', if not accepted then harassment and bullying sets in. It is misery.

My story.

I made that mistake 6 years ago, am still fighting to get what is due to me. I had a good job at one of the best and biggest employers. After advice from one of my bosses: 'pharmacy was better in returns than Law' - (plus someone was retiring and they would have an opening at graduation time) - I enrolled in a school I had never heard of, in a state I knew nothing about, in a city whose streets are hard to trace on a GPS. I was naive, very naive. Pharmacy - what could go wrong: the second most trusted profession, there is an oath to protect life; they have to be just as good as my hidden Ivy in the neighborhood. Tuition? well, was kinda high but it added up nicely to be equivalent to a private 4-year school. I met a bunch of men and women at the interview who had no problem lying right through their teeth. Both men and women. I fell for it.

Huh, I should have known when the dean bombarded students with emails like a used car salesman going for a kill. Fast forward 2 years later: 10 months to graduation - I was dismissed for missing a one-day rotation class: after months of following their advice. Well, the dean had bragged on how he was not going to let anyone mess with his accreditation process. And that no one could take him anywhere. Yeah, I know - there is other parts of the story you do not know, so you cannot take sides. Fair enough. But what if a dean, vice-president, instructors and some students have colluded to lie, (documentation exists to prove that indeed they were lying), What if ACPE was in on the lies? You ask why or how? Well, this is a for-profit school looking to cash in on the 'pharmacy school' lucrative business. The student body is beginning to agitate (fraud, lack of facilities, few members of faculty and mediocre instruction), and the program needs to intimidate students into silence and scare them? Find someone to dismiss as an example.

If you go here my dear future doctors, u will not be competitive in the coming tough job market. That I can guarantee you. I was there. Some of your instructors will be random businessmen pimping their businesses.

So after months of tears and misery, I sued the school. My lawyer was sorta unbelievable, but he was the only one who had experience. Remember, I was an outsider in a small community in the South: my goose was cooked. I had nothing to lose as I saw it. Dang! The lies were let loose from the cesspool. In 2016, I sat for 7 hours and watched as my former instructors lied and lied....and then forwarded affidavits that were pure perjury. I asked my lawyer to rebut the lies: he refused. I am not sure why: he claimed that the judge would see it as a witch-hunt, but again, all these people are alumnae of one school including the judge: around the same time of study too. They painted me as an unprofessional ex-student, with the help of one Michael Dotson who went through school cheating, lying and more cheating on examinations. Something told me to let my lawyer be as I looked at a different route. David cannot be fighting Goliath man to man. Imagine you don't have a lawyer and you are facing 7 elderly men feigning anger. I knew that justice was not to happen in Tennessee. I kept asking and pushing everywhere, I still am.

So at the beginning of the year, I sued individuals of that school and ACPE for colluding to harm me (for the purposes of this write up). This time, I cited the lies my lawyer had refused to confront (thinking of demanding a refund from him) - South has started a school in his neighborhood and I suspect he has a role, maybe not, but I know that is how my former dean operates. Manipulation galore).
Well, the South College lawyers came down on me breathing sulfur and brimstone. What I do not understand: is it a western cultural thing for perpetrators of evil to be angrier than the victims? They were all huffing and puffing and threatening. I wish they had huffed and puffed when I asked them to stop the bullying perpetrated by the dean and Dotson.

Oh, I of course lost the case in Tennessee. Which I expected. But have filed an appeal. Too much perjury going on over there. My former dean took the Sessions route "he could not recall a thing". What amused me is that 3 months after he dismissed me, he recalled a totally different version of facts (to the ACPE, DoE, FSA and officials of Higher education) from those he recalled 2 years later what really happened). To be clear, he lied. In documentation.

So now, my great former school is offering me a whopping $2000 (two thousand) dollars to go away into the night and leave them alone...am still smiling at the fortune. Am sorry but I think these guys are racist...because they keep telling me of "people like me" "knowing where you come from" is this how people talk in Knoxville? I owe the Fed. govt over $100,000 in loans.

I know most of you have your theories about not putting this here: but I have received great encouragement from this forum. Matter of fact, it was a member of SDN that first pushed me to fight back.

Now, the owner of this school (South in Knoxville, Ashville, and Nashville) is related to one John South III, one of the directors of the shady outfit that was fined some $95 million dollars by the govt for fraudulent activity in their for-profit schools.

I have a lying VP, dean and instructors and ACPE to deal with. Might as well just focus on shading light on this.

Thanks, guys: keep the advice coming. Going strong. Have former students cheated out of South calling already.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I would be wary of any for profit school...even if they are accredited.
right about that. read my story in the pharmacy forum

I so need to put this on a national mic.

Have you reported this to SACS?

Did not think of that. But as of now, THEB has initiated this below:

Complaint, DPSA File No. 17-0032

Am not sure it will help because most of the culprits have been quietly let go.

Why did you miss your rotation class? Did you let them know ahead of time, or did you just no-show it?
I got lost...I could not have foreseen that. The school had tight schedules (a week between quarters) because the accreditation body had held them back for half a year and had limited rotation sites. I was sent to one out of the county. I finished my finals on Friday and was to begin on Monday the rotation. I pulled up my mapquests, my weekly questions and set out at 6:00am to get to the place. I arrived early and that is what messed me up. The door said "open at 9:00am" and I was there too early. I decided to go to a nearby college - Maryville - to wait out until 8:30...thought it would be easy to find my way back. It was not. City Drugs Pharmacy and Maryville College in Tennesse theoretically show that they are both on E ALEXANDER LAMAR HIGHWAY, but they are not exactly that. Turn right you hit a dead end, turn left you end up at the mall. I asked for help, headed back to school...and the nightmare progressed. Followed their protocol. This school can lie.

"after months of following their advice."

What does this mean?

"But what if a dean, vice-president, instructors and some students have colluded to lie, (documentation exists to prove that indeed they were lying)"

How do you know they were colluding? Were they intentionally malicious lies, or were they just misinformed?
FOIA - Lawsuit - emails show up.

Yep! Got any problems with that. I also joined one of the top best graduate programs in the US after. Unlike you, I detest common thieves and lies. They must pay back.

Hahahaha, you've gotta be kidding.

Thank goodness this school kicked you out.
This scenario sounds like the actions of a person that is incompetent at a very basic level.
To be honest, you were probably on their list for a while before that.

I can tell you for free: Yourself and your entire blood relations can not come close to my abilities. Wanna bet?

AVOID SOUTH COLLEGE...ANY SCHOOL CALLED SOUTH COLLEGE

Nikki Freeman comes from Cleveland Tennessee, one of the top 10 racist places in the Volunteer state. To be fair, I cannot use that against her, but again it is Samuel Clemens who said something about 'travel & bigotry'

Am standing up for myself and fighting for my justice. It is not acceptable to just say America is racist, or white people will always be that way, or that academic institutions have academic deference. Balderdash. Who is watching the watchers? Academic deference does not mean 'freeway to deceit' and capitalism (for those who live by the Ayn Rand Philosophy) rewards true genius, not conmen wearing titles. If you agree, support my fight for justice by liking or sending me a msg of support.

Please share.

Last edited by a moderator:
South College is a huge mess. AVOID!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Have you reported this to SACS?

Huh, I should have known when the dean bombarded students with emails like a used car salesman going for a kill. Fast forward 2 years later: 10 months to graduation - I was dismissed for missing a one-day rotation class: after months of following their advice. Well, the dean had bragged on how he was not going to let anyone mess with his accreditation process. And that no one could take him anywhere. Yeah, I know - there is other parts of the story you do not know, so you cannot take sides. Fair enough. But what if a dean, vice-president, instructors and some students have colluded to lie, (documentation exists to prove that indeed they were lying), What if ACPE was in on the lies? You ask why or how? Well, this is a for-profit school looking to cash in on the 'pharmacy school' lucrative business. The student body is beginning to agitate (fraud, lack of facilities, few members of faculty and mediocre instruction), and the program needs to intimidate students into silence and scare them? Find someone to dismiss as an example.

Why did you miss your rotation class? Did you let them know ahead of time, or did you just no-show it?

Future pharmacists,
I am giving you free advice; that which I would have appreciated in 2011, but there was no one to tell me. Do not be fooled by 3-year for-profit schools. Take that extra year at school: grow and develop your skills.
You have worked hard to get admitted to Pharmacy school, passed late night-outs because the organic chemistry scheme was not finished, spent endless nights polishing your admission paperwork, saved to pay for trips back and forth, and now you are ready to go. Congratulations! You made it.
Now some of you may have two choices: a public 4-year school and another overhyped private for-profit (though they never mention it) school promising to get you to the profession you love as soon as possible. I plead with you DO NOT, DO NOT buy into these lies. They lie and once they get you in: this is the operation mode - manipulate with 'friendship', if not accepted then harassment and bullying sets in. It is misery.
Now, the owner of this school (South in Knoxville, Ashville, and Nashville) is related to one John South III, one of the directors of the shady outfit that was fined some $95 million dollars by the govt for fraudulent activity in their for-profit schools.
I have a lying VP, dean and instructors and ACPE to deal with. Might as well just focus on shading light on this.
Thanks, guys: keep the advice coming. Going strong. Have former students cheated out of South calling already.

"after months of following their advice."

What does this mean?

"But what if a dean, vice-president, instructors and some students have colluded to lie, (documentation exists to prove that indeed they were lying)"

How do you know they were colluding? Were they intentionally malicious lies, or were they just misinformed?

I got lost...I could not have foreseen that. The school had tight schedules (a week between quarters) because the accreditation body had held them back for half a year and had limited rotation sites. I was sent to one out of the county. I finished my finals on Friday and was to begin on Monday the rotation. I pulled up my mapquests, my weekly questions and set out at 6:00am to get to the place. I arrived early and that is what messed me up. The door said "open at 9:00am" and I was there too early. I decided to go to a nearby college - Maryville - to wait out until 8:30...thought it would be easy to find my way back. It was not. City Drugs Pharmacy and Maryville College in Tennesse theoretically show that they are both on E ALEXANDER LAMAR HIGHWAY, but they are not exactly that. Turn right you hit a dead end, turn left you end up at the mall. I asked for help, headed back to school...and the nightmare progressed. Followed their protocol. This school can lie.

Hahahaha, you've gotta be kidding.

Thank goodness this school kicked you out.
This scenario sounds like the actions of a person that is incompetent at a very basic level.
To be honest, you were probably on their list for a while before that.

People still use Mapquest?!? Come on Bro, it's 2017 - Google Maps FTW!!

Edit: Never mind, just re-read OP. I guess this happened in 2011. Mapquest had only been out of style for about 5 years at that point...

People still use Mapquest?!? Come on Bro, it's 2017 - Google Maps FTW!!

Edit: Never mind, just re-read OP. I guess this happened in 2011. Mapquest had only been out of style for about 5 years at that point...

Wait... this dude is still making threads about something that happened 6 years ago? That's concerning

I can tell you for free: Yourself and your entire blood relations can not come close to my abilities. Wanna bet?

If I make paper mache armor out of maps, will that make me invincible to your attacks?

What's your secret weakness?

The light from the screen of a GPS?

I made that mistake 6 years ago, am still fighting to get what is due to me. I had a good job at one of the best and biggest employers. After advice from one of my bosses: 'pharmacy was better in returns than Law'

Heeding this false advice was indeed a huge mistake. Hope you didn't have a JD before going into pharm

Somebody is getting a hangover tomorrow

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nikki Freeman comes from Cleveland Tennessee, one of the top 10 racist places in the Volunteer state. To be fair, I cannot use that against her, but again it is Samuel Clemens who said something about 'travel & bigotry'

Am standing up for myself and fighting for my justice. It is not acceptable to just say America is racist, or white people will always be that way, or that academic institutions have academic deference. Balderdash. Who is watching the watchers? Academic deference does not mean 'freeway to deceit' and capitalism (for those who live by the Ayn Rand Philosophy) rewards true genius, not conmen wearing titles. If you agree, support my fight for justice by liking or sending me a msg of support.
Please share.

What does racism have to do with South College?

Do you have any data to support that conclusion?

I.e. XX% of dismissals look like you and XX% are white?

...Is this the same guy as that BSalfredo and Daudi vs Goliath guy? Can't believe he's still going on about this.

Not drunk enough to understand any of this.

Reactions: 5 users
...Is this the same guy as that BSalfredo and Daudi vs Goliath guy? Can't believe he's still going on about this.
You know, i had the same feeling.

All of the "I'm suing _______ because I'm a failure!" people have very similar writing styles and forum personas.

Either they're all the same person, or share the same... Condition.

If I make paper mache armor out of maps, will that make me invincible to your attacks?
What's your secret weakness?
The light from the screen of a GPS?
My encounter:

At the stroke of midnight, as 2017 faded into memory, a tiny man in a tattered size XS white coat leapt from behind a tiny shrub.

He cried, "I'LL GET YOU, O FOUL AVATAR OF SOUTH COLLEGE!!!
I CAN TELL U 4 FREE, YOUR BLOOD LINE END HERE!"

Dodging razor sharp shurikens made of printed MapQuest™ directions, I swiftly unsheathed my smart phone and held it in a traditional Vom Tag guard.

The searing blue light from the screen seemed to burn his pale, sickly skin.

"Rrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeee!! What foul wizardry is this? I must- AARRRGGHHH"

"TURN LEFT AT S. LAMAR"

He was stopped short by the thundering voice of the Machine God within my phone, and he fell to the floor, clutching his ears in a vain attempt to keep the effective directions out.

He cried "I have heard tales of this demon 'Ghou Ghol!!! Stop, i beg you!"

I held the device skyward and pressed the button to activate Waze.

His eyes narrowed, as the second navigational terror began to wake from its slumber.
"BLEEP BLIP BLOOP"

The blazing heat from the 3300mAh battery within the phone began crack the concrete at my feet."

He clawed at the soil until he found his footing and, half-risen, began to sprint wildly away like a wild dog into the darkness.

"Curse you and your dark Technology!!
This isn't the last you've heard from me!! You'll be hearing from my LegalZoom lawyer soon!"

As he faded into the night, my phone boomed,

"YOU ARE ON THE FASTEST ROUTE TO VICTORY"

probably should be moved to the pre-pharmacy forum - we all have graduated.

Reactions: 4 users
And he's still fighting to get back in and get the pharmacy dream that has for so long been denied to him.

But yes, sound advice concerning for-profit schools. It is almost always best to go the cheaper state school. Of course there are exceptions, like if your dad is a prof at the for-profit college and you get free tuition or something. Also, there is a HUGE risk with going to a non-accredited school.

As with most of these stories, I am left believing there has to be more to the story (and in most of the cases that have been elaborated on here, there has been far more to the story than what the OP originally put out.) Schools don't kick out students for a single mistake, like missing 1 rotation day. Even if, hypothetically speaking, the school was racist and wanted to target a student, they wouldn't kick them out for a single mistake which would open them up to legal charges of discrimination.

Whatever happens with your lawsuit, whatever you do, do NOT go for a JD. That is indeed a worse career choice than pharmacy, for the majority of people who pursue it.

Reactions: 1 users
I was dismissed for missing a one-day rotation class

I found the main idea of the article folks. No need to read the whole thing.

As for OP:

1. You missed a day of rotation (most rotations will fail you for this if it was unexcused unless you had a very compelling reason).

2. If the rotation was only for one day, then you not only missed a day of rotation, but you missed the entire rotation (i.e. you failed the rotation).

3. If you were dismissed entirely from school and not allowed to repeat, then this failed rotation must have finally broke the camel's back.

For profit schools are very hesitant in dismissing anyone from their programs because it hurts their numbers and they lose money. The committee will do anything and everything in their power to try and get you to repeat a year/course for more money. This is what money-hungry schools do. They pass unqualified students for additional money.

Reactions: 4 users