Away elective: Iowa or Washington?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hi all,

Thanks for the advice on these forums. I'm a cc4 interested in ENT who has marginally above average step one score (242), below average grades (honors surg, rest pass), 10 or so research activities with a couple of posters (one ENT at COSM) one publication and two pending (in urology). I was lucky enough to get aways at Iowa, Washington and Michigan. Unfortunately UI and UW are at the same time. I recognize I may not have the numbers to get into any of these programs, but I know these will be good opportunities and I'm hoping for good letters. Where would you go if you were me? I of course like Seattle for location, but Iowa is Iowa. Thanks for your thoughts.

Members don't see this ad.

Unless you plan to stay an extra weekend, then it isn't likely you'll be spending much time enjoying Seattle. I would go to the program in which you are most interested or from which you can get the best letter. Do you know how many other students will be there with you? You could choose the one with less students since you'll be more easily noticed.

washington

Last edited: