Away electives

Started by samyjay
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

samyjay

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In your experience, what are some of the best ACADEMIC programs to do away electives at? I already am doing a rotation at a more clinical program (my home institution) but what are some great academic programs. Out West, and out east (UCSF, UCLA, Hopkins)? Especially in New York City thanks!
 
In the east, a few that pop to mind are MEEI, Hopkins, UNC, Penn. Midwest: Michigan, Iowa, WashU. West Coast: UWash, UCSF, Stanford, UCLA. Any program with a 7-year research-track spot will likely be very academic. I didn't apply in NYC, but the impression I got is that the programs there are all relatively similar in reputation.
 
i did one on head & neck service at pittsburgh; very busy but good experience and well known attendings (johnson, meyers)