Away rotation cost?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Honey Mustard

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I am just MS0 for now so this question might be very stupid. But how does this away rotation thing work in terms of tuition? Do you have to pay your home school tuition for 4th year and also pay for some other fees for the specific program at other institution? Thanks in advance for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi. I am just MS0 for now so this question might be very stupid. But how does this away rotation thing work in terms of tuition? Do you have to pay your home school tuition for 4th year and also pay for some other fees for the specific program at other institution? Thanks in advance for your help.

AFAIK, you pay your home school tuition no matter what. There is sometimes money available to defray travel costs, like if you are going to heal sick people in Africa or something like that, but I think you generally absorb the cost of your away rotations. As for away tuition, I've never really thought about that before. Maybe ask some folks in the clinical rotations section.

Perhaps Bertelman or Tired are around...

I'm an MS3 looking at aways and I haven't seen any that charge tuition.

Some want an application fee (up to $100 from what I've seen so far) however.

You still have to pay your home tuition.