AWWARDS 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pffft that's because the wolves never want to kill you since you never play! Play a game where I'm not a wolf and maybe they'll be meaner to you.
No pls we need to wolf together 🐺:cryi:

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
But... killing people makes me sad...
I've gone to endgame a lot. It's very tiring. I appreciate getting NKed before that point :laugh:

Though I will make a smol request right meow that I get to survive through the first cycle of the champs practice game since it's, y'know, champs practice, and that seems a bit counterproductive if I die literally immediately.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I've gone to endgame a lot. It's very tiring. I appreciate getting NKed before that point :laugh:

Though I will make a smol request right meow that I get to survive through the first cycle of the champs practice game since it's, y'know, champs practice and that seems a bit counterproductive if I die literally immediately.
Autocorrect thinks I am a cat today :thinking:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Yes, well, I don't have fantasies of having "the choke to end all chokes" since you still have parental controls set pretty stringently in the box.
Wait I hate how I worded this because it makes it sound like I would if only you didn't have the parental controls set where they are, and that's not the case

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A quick note about Z theory and how I will play this game:
Note that the arguments and facts presented here are indisputable, and that I will not engage in arguments about them, because those arguments are you wasting everyone else's time about meta that is well and comprehensively established. Go make reads so we can read you.

I've reflected on my role and realized that there is a GTO (Game Theory Optimal) play for me in this game, and therefore I am compelled to pursue it. I am going to brute force my lurking immediately upon the opening of the thread.

I am hard-claiming, and I will never be rescinding. I am Zenge142. When it becomes prudent I will provide my octaves.

Benefits:
1. I will not survive tonight: I believe the wolves are going to kill me tonight, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would ever do this if I'm not Zenge142. I believe that this decision reduces the importance of supershorty panicking to the point of it being negligible. The wolves have already been outplayed, as it were.

2. I am emotional: All of you already know I'm emotional, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would do this if I'm not Zenge142. You know this for at least two reasons. First, this is the most intense, most-memorable, highest-activity game that I've ever played in (except for Among Us). I have no need to complicate my life, if I'm not Zenge142, by open-claiming on thread open, when all I have to do is vote early to probably win. This is the rare instance where you literally know that I have a billion other options if I'm not Zenge142, AND that I would pursue probably ALL of them before pursuing this. Second, I engage in softs (soft claiming) exceedingly rarely, which necessarily means that I know that this will be (insert SDN shock emoji) and CRIMINAL to you. There is no merit to a wolf play that instantly generates (insert SDN shock emoji) and CRIMINAL responses that I would be obligated to finesse and manage for the remainder of the game. As Zenge142, which I am, the burden is totally on you to not **** up and yeet me. Makes my life super awesome.

3. There are only 30 players you need to try to read, rather than 31. I have already provided a "free" soft of me in a game with a mere 31 players. Our win equity is dramatically improved by my being entirely off the table for the entire game.

Conclusion:
The burden of sound reasoning is now entirely upon you. I am Zenge142, and thus emotional, and thus lock clear. The game is immediately simpler than it would otherwise have been, because of my decision. Now, let us enjoy that benefit and win the game.

Also, to preempt a lengthy and pointless discussion:
It is NOT dumb to ponder this post and convince yourself of its wisdom. That is your obligation as a villager, and I encourage you to think it over for as long as it takes to quell your (initially valid but ultimately unnecessary) concerns. It IS dumb to, AFTER doing that pondering, conclude that I'm "fakeclaiming" or "a treestump." That is legitimately stupid, and I won't entertain it. ONE of the reasons it is a stupid conclusion is that the upside of this play as a treestump is absolutely DWARFED by the upside of this play as Zenge142. There is no equivalency between the EV (Expected Value) gain for stump-me in this position and Zenge-me in this position. They're universes apart. That means I wouldn't DO the poorer option of the two (by extension, stump-me also wouldn't BELIEVE that I could convince the entire game of the truth of these assertions for the entire game, which as an end-game stump I would have to believe if this strategem were to be worth pursuing). A SECOND reason that conclusion is stupid is that the EV bonus of doing this as a strump is COMPLETELY DWARFED by my baseline stump EV anyway. Anything that complicates my stumping life is RIDICULOUSLY stupid for me to do, given that my stumping life is ALREADY one of the smoothest, highest expectation stumping lives in WW history anyway. A THIRD reason that conclusion is stupid is that you would probably have to worry about being EXPLOITED by this gambit in order to get there. However, I have NEVER engaged in this, or any similar, gambit in my entire career, meaning that if there IS exploitation to be had with this play, it is in FUTURE GAMES, not this game. For these reasons, pressuring me is a huge mistake and should not be engaged in by any villager, ever, in this game. There will be no less productive pursuit than that in this game.

Sucks for the wolves when octaves are wielded this brutally, but my allegiance is plain and my strategy perfect.

Get #emotional.
BEST QUOTE

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
10th anniversary game for best game!!

• Care
  • Love
If you have split packs of 2 separate wolf factions, do you consider the packs 3ps?
Yeah I’d consider Mafia a 2nd wolf pack essentially.

I could see an argument for Aliens being a 3p, but Mafia = Wolves

Reactions: 1 user
If you have a split pack, do you consider the packs 3ps?
I don't know, I've never thought about it before lol guess it would depend on whether they had a joined wincon

I just think wolfing in a regular game is different from mafia-ing in what ended up being a factional game.

But really it's semantics. Best 3p, best wolf, whatevs. Two really excellent games in a row was my point!

• Care
Nominating alley and Barky for best wolf team
and alley for most improved

also Vis for most improved, she's been doing a great job of getting correctly village read this year

And a couple others I'll keep in my back pocket for now ;)

• Love
  • Care
I already had her on my list for that :mad:
Well now she has an extra point!

I usually go back through the thread and see how many times I mentioned or seconded people for specific awwards if I end up with more than 3 I want to nominate (and to help with final voting)

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Well now she has an extra point!

I usually go back through the thread and see how many times I mentioned or seconded people for specific awwards if I end up with more than 3 I want to nominate (and to help with final voting)
Oh, I put them in a different position on my spreadsheet depending on how strongly I feel.

I'm surprised to hear that shorty isn't playing this game, you've been talking about her for the past two hours
best quote nom

I was dying IRL but had to keep up the wolfy façade in-game

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
best quote nom

I was dying IRL but had to keep up the wolfy façade in-game
I feel much less guilty about the level of snark now that I know that you were, in fact, a wolf

• Haha
  • Care
Nominating alley and Barky for best wolf team
and alley for most improved

also Vis for most improved, she's been doing a great job of getting correctly village read this year

And a couple others I'll keep in my back pocket for now ;)
Seconding this. Alleys is straight up GOATed and her play last game was really strong

• Love
Reactions: 1 users