Azcom deposit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
C

Chronotropic

Does anyone know how the acceptance deposit at AZCOM works? Do you have to send it in by a specific date or are you given an amount of time after your acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

They have specific dates set up. The first payment was $250 (I think maybe in December), then $750 (in February), then $1000 (in April). A total of $2000. I cannot remember the dates exactly (though I could get them for you if you want), but it was somewhat like that. You do not need to put all $2000 down right away.

Let me know if you have any further questions--I'd be happy to answer them. Good Luck.

Thanks!!!

By chance would you know their turn around time after your interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
The turnaround time for me was less than 2 weeks. I was interviewed and accepted there before I even received interviews from some other schools (allopathic). I think their policy is that they will let you know within 2 weeks.

I was interviewed in late September and was accepted exactly 2 weeks later. FYI, I believe AZCOM will refund 40% of your deposit if you decide to go somewhere else. I am just glad that they do spread the deposit out, which allows for more interviews at other places before shelling out a lot of money. By April, when the last $1000 was due, I had my mind made up that AZCOM was the place for me.