B-cells bio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted738762

B-cells mature and originate in the bone marrow. Then I read a solution to bio destroyer # 205(mint edition) saying B-cells develop in the fetal liver and spleen. So can someone help me make sense of all this.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Technically, B cells develop in BOTH the bone marrow and spleen. The marrow gives rise to them, and they begin to mature here. Then, they migrate to the spleen to compete maturation. They are not considered fully mature until they have differentiated within the spleen.

Personally, if I got this question on a test, I would say the arise from the marrow and mature in the spleen. I hope that helps.

B-cells mature and originate in the bone marrow. Then I read a solution to bio destroyer # 205(mint edition) saying B-cells develop in the fetal liver and spleen. So can someone help me make sense of all this.
Thanks
In the FETUS B-cells develop in the Liver and spleen. In an ADULT, they develop in Bone marrow.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 user
In the FETUS B-cells develop in the Liver and spleen. In an ADULT, they develop in Bone marrow.

Hope this helps.
Hi, so do B-cells not mature at all in the spleen in adults? I had read that they start to mature in the marrow and then become T1 B cells and move into the spleen, where they then mature into T2 B cells. If I understand you correctly, that would only be the case in a fetus then? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, so do B-cells not mature at all in the spleen in adults? I had read that they start to mature in the marrow and then become T1 B cells and move into the spleen, where they then mature into T2 B cells. If I understand you correctly, that would only be the case in a fetus then? Thank you!
They mature in the spleen in adults, but originate in Bone marrow. IN the fetus, they originate in the Spleen

Reactions: 1 user