B on government !! UT Dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

crimsoncat

magiccorn
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone!
I am very depressed right now ever since I found out that I have earned myself a B on Government 1. I took the class as my dual credit class in my high school year. I transferred the class to my university, and my university only took the credits, not the grades. Despite that, my advisor said that UT Dental School at Houston will look at not only the credits but also the grades. I know that UT Dental school at Houston does not have government as its required courses, but I am still panic! Please, if anyone, is this Government class will lower my GPA to get into my dental school? Will UT Dental at Houston look at the government classes?
 
You're gonna need a 25 or higher on your DAT to make up for that B, I would also look into a post-bacc program

Hey, thank you for replying!
I just dont understand that government is not UT Dental's required courses! Will UT still look at this government class?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone!
I am very depressed right now ever since I found out that I have earned myself a B on Government 1. I took the class as my dual credit class in my high school year. I transferred the class to my university, and my university only took the credits, not the grades. Despite that, my advisor said that UT Dental School at Houston will look at not only the credits but also the grades. I know that UT Dental school at Houston does not have government as its required courses, but I am still panic! Please, if anyone, is this Government class will lower my GPA to get into my dental school? Will UT Dental at Houston look at the government classes?
You're panicking about one B? Yes they will look at it but the GPA is what matters.

나의 XT1575 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄
 
You're panicking about one B? Yes they will look at it but the GPA is what matters.

나의 XT1575 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Thank you for replying!
When you said the GPA is what matters the most, do you mean my university GPA?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hello everyone!
I am very depressed right now ever since I found out that I have earned myself a B on Government 1. I took the class as my dual credit class in my high school year. I transferred the class to my university, and my university only took the credits, not the grades. Despite that, my advisor said that UT Dental School at Houston will look at not only the credits but also the grades. I know that UT Dental school at Houston does not have government as its required courses, but I am still panic! Please, if anyone, is this Government class will lower my GPA to get into my dental school? Will UT Dental at Houston look at the government classes?
Like I say to everyone in your situation, consider pharmacy..
 
Hello everyone!
I am very depressed right now ever since I found out that I have earned myself a B on Government 1. I took the class as my dual credit class in my high school year. I transferred the class to my university, and my university only took the credits, not the grades. Despite that, my advisor said that UT Dental School at Houston will look at not only the credits but also the grades. I know that UT Dental school at Houston does not have government as its required courses, but I am still panic! Please, if anyone, is this Government class will lower my GPA to get into my dental school? Will UT Dental at Houston look at the government classes?

All the above sarcasm aside, this will not affect your chances of getting into dental school. Maintain a high university GPA (cGPA and sGPA), good DAT and good ECs and you'll be fine. It's important to note that although advisors are there to help you, many of them have never been through the application process and so it's mostly on you to seek out information.
 
All the above sarcasm aside, this will not affect your chances of getting into dental school. Maintain a high university GPA (cGPA and sGPA), good DAT and good ECs and you'll be fine. It's important to note that although advisors are there to help you, many of them have never been through the application process and so it's mostly on you to seek out information.

Thank you for replying! That is so nice of you 🙂
May I ask what is ECs please? 🙂


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hello everyone!
I am very depressed right now ever since I found out that I have earned myself two Bs on Government 1 and ECON 1. I took the class as my dual credit class in my high school year. I transferred the class to my university, and my university only took the credits, not the grades. Despite that, my advisor said that UT Dental School at Houston will look at not only the credits but also the grades. I know that UT Dental school at Houston does not have government as its required courses, but I am still panic! Please, if anyone, is this Government class will lower my GPA to get into my dental school? Will UT Dental at Houston look at the government classes?




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you for replying! That is so nice of you 🙂
May I ask what is ECs please? 🙂


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ECs refers to extracurricular activities.

As for your two B's, you're still fine - just continue to do well in college!
 
Stop freaking yourself out. If you get freaked out over B's then you're going to have a very tough time moving forward because part of learning in the real world requires failing more times than you succeed. I have multiple B's on my transcript and still have a 3.9 GPA. Relax. As long as you're not only getting B's then you're completely fine!
 
Dental school is going to be difficult whether you are a straight A student or not. Learn to focus on improving every day and not to let minor setbacks discourage you.

And a few B's won't kill you. People have gotten in with much worse.