Bachelors Degree Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chrisdar08

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey there..is it really true that you can have whatever major you want as long as u do all the prerequisites?? Will the admissions look down on you if you do not have a science related degree? So if I were to get a degree in kinesiology but fulfill all the requirements with a good gpa, would I have just a good a chance as anyone else?
 
Hey there..is it really true that you can have whatever major you want as long as u do all the prerequisites?? Will the admissions look down on you if you do not have a science related degree? So if I were to get a degree in kinesiology but fulfill all the requirements with a good gpa, would I have just a good a chance as anyone else?



I will have a degree in Kinesiology in May and was accepted to every school I applied. At my interviews they seemed to think it was a great major and told me it would be very helpful in optometry school! As long as you get good grades in prereqs you will be fine!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I majored in Applied Physiology and Kinesiology and was accepted to all I applied to (now at PCO). It actually gives you a better foundation than a bio/chem/physics degree. Most of these majors require an internship to graduate, so I suggest taking advantage of this and completing it somewhere that looks really good (not the local gym). I did mine in the cardiology dept. at Duke. The admission committees seem to really like this.