Back to basics WW again

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Once again, sorry for bailing on y'all yesterday. Was expecting to get off at 2:30, ended up getting off at 8:30pm (and the supervisor was in their the whole time so I couldn't sneak a peak at my phone while waiting for machines to work hahahah)

Yeah agreed if this is a BASIC BASIC game. I could see... maybe?... 1 convert? But I'd doubt it if this is supposed to be "back to the basics"
I could see maybe one convert. But I agree that the basics game wouldn't have anything special or anything.
I don't know why everyone always wants to kill Coopah off early in every game... But I guess thats because cdo hasn't checked in and said anything sketchy yet. So RNG another new person

Because I don't know anything about her.
The phrasing on that is off to me, and feels almost accusatory in that you don't know why Coopah's getting killed, but Cdo (who no one had mentioned yet) hasn't checked in to sketch us out.
Idk I said the same thing in the last game and she wasn't a wolf. I think maybe she was extra eager in the first game she played? Haha
Hahaha that's exactly right. First game, it was winter break, and I didn't have to do anything. I made a dedicated spreadsheet and updated it on all platforms as the day progressed. And I was so active/ accusatory, I spooked the wolves and was killed N1.

Remember that plurality is NOT in effect this lynch. It will be in next lynches, though. Ok to lynch how you want today, but in future, if you're not feeling certain about a player, consider tagging them to warn them instead of lynching.

I'm going to keep my vote where it is for now because I'm curious what shakes out of the Ski/cdo argument.
I wouldn't necessarily say argument. She was acting weird in my opinion, so it was definitely something to note.

Members don't see this ad.

Once again, sorry for bailing on y'all yesterday. Was expecting to get off at 2:30, ended up getting off at 8:30pm (and the supervisor was in their the whole time so I couldn't sneak a peak at my phone while waiting for machines to work hahahah)

I could see maybe one convert. But I agree that the basics game wouldn't have anything special or anything.

The phrasing on that is off to me, and feels almost accusatory in that you don't know why Coopah's getting killed, but Cdo (who no one had mentioned yet) hasn't checked in to sketch us out.
Hahaha that's exactly right. First game, it was winter break, and I didn't have to do anything. I made a dedicated spreadsheet and updated it on all platforms as the day progressed. And I was so active/ accusatory, I spooked the wolves and was killed N1.

I wouldn't necessarily say argument. She was acting weird in my opinion, so it was definitely something to note.

Yeah I though the post where Ski said she reminded you this morning was a little weird.

Yeah I though the post where Ski said she reminded you this morning was a little weird.
I found it weird as well. Especially because she knew I was busy because I hadn't even checked text messages during the day. I don't know if anything will actually come out of my suspicions of Ski (because I haven't seen her play as a wolf yet), but I'm definitely making a note of Ski.

Members don't see this ad :)
I found it weird as well. Especially because she knew I was busy because I hadn't even checked text messages during the day. I don't know if anything will actually come out of my suspicions of Ski (because I haven't seen her play as a wolf yet), but I'm definitely making a note of Ski.
This is interesting, she called you out for not checking in, but also knew you couldn't check in?

Lynch ski

Reactions: 4 users
This is interesting, she called you out for not checking in, but also knew you couldn't check in?

Lynch ski
Yeah. She called me out at 8:09 pm CST for not checking in, and I had chatted with her a little throughout the day (nothing about the game obvs) and I had been checking up with her whenever I had a chance. She definitely knew I was busy, I don't understand why she called me out for it.

I don't like this post. Feels very wishy washy, don't want to commit one way or the other. Which can be village for sure, but also can be wolfy trying not to be too aggressive or give away preferences too much.

Lynch raf

Based on that. Will be back later.
I gave me the squinty eyes too

Reactions: 1 users
I'm going to stick with my instincts and

Lynch @SkiOtter

I'm definitely willing to waffle, but yesterday she threw me under the bus pretty hard, especially since she knew I wouldn't be around to immediately defend myself. It feels like aggressive noob wolfing, but could just be nothing.

Anyone have a recent tally.

Mafbot is not in the IRC channel that it has been on in the past, so couldn't figure out what the role proportion used was/unique roles.

Can anyone quote the list of roles from dyachei's previous game?

Anyone have a recent tally.

Mafbot is not in the IRC channel that it has been on in the past, so couldn't figure out what the role proportion used was/unique roles.

Can anyone quote the list of roles from dyachei's previous game?
1. DVMD - strongman wolf
2. LotF - villager
3. vetmedhead - tracker
4. kaydubs - wolf
5. Teep - villager
6. Jilary - villager
7. Animal Midwife - villager
8. Filly Bay - Protector
9. Katashark - villager
10. Rocky - villager
11. Hayley - villager
12. SandstormDVM - villager
13. PrincessButterCup - mason
14. STL - wolf seer
15. Zensing - wolf
16. LeTitsNow - villager
17. morninqlory - villager
18. Guis - villager
19. ResoluteMike/SOV - villager
20. BBC -villager
21. genny - villager
22. BSC/VMH - villager
23. rojo - 2 shot vigilante
24. WTF - village seer
25. Diva - villager
26. 1dogg - villager
27. sheltermed/WZ - mason
28. AlphaBeta<3 - wolf

Lynch ski

Yeah. She called me out at 8:09 pm CST for not checking in, and I had chatted with her a little throughout the day (nothing about the game obvs) and I had been checking up with her whenever I had a chance. She definitely knew I was busy, I don't understand why she called me out for it.

I'm going to stick with my instincts and

Lynch @SkiOtter

I'm definitely willing to waffle, but yesterday she threw me under the bus pretty hard, especially since she knew I wouldn't be around to immediately defend myself. It feels like aggressive noob wolfing, but could just be nothing.

I assumed you were able to check into the game since you were elsewhere on sdn that day, on snapchat some, and texted me some, but not on here at all. THAT'S what I found odd. I didn't know you'd be in lab for forever and when you were done, you snapped me and said you were done with lab, but then you still didn't check in here for another few hours. I found that weird. I posted my lynch vote quite some time after you had said you were done in lab.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Official lynch tally:
Serher 1
(cyndia)
Coopah 3 (lyra, finn, ally)
Ally 1 (raf, , )
Cyndia ()
Finn 2 (Pippy, AM)
nessy 1 (serher,)
Confusing 2 (snowdog, nyan)
cdo 6 (ski, WZ, zen, coop, SAR, confusing)
Lyra 2 (Doc-S, KC)
AM 1 (nessy)
LIS 1 (DVMD)
Raf 2 (Trilt, 3m)
Ski 2 (Jil, cdo)

24/27

I assumed you were able to check into the game since you were elsewhere on sdn that day, on snapchat some, and texted me some, but not on here at all. THAT'S what I found odd. I didn't know you'd be in lab for forever and when you were done, you snapped me and said you were done with lab, but then you still didn't check in here for another few hours. I found that weird. I posted my lynch vote quite some time after you had said you were done in lab.

I mean we all get busy outside of SDN...I know I can't be on here 24/7, I imagine cdoc in no exception...

Alright I just caught up on the thread. I see why you guys think SkiOtter's accusations seem sketchy, but I think that's too aggressive for a wolf to play like that on the very first day of the game

I mean we all get busy outside of SDN...I know I can't be on here 24/7, I imagine cdoc in no exception...
Yeah, and I'm not saying she SHOULD be on here 24/7. I'm saying that she had been out of lab for quite a while but hadn't checked in and it made me go :eyebrow:
Her excuse for not checking in earlier was that she didn't realize that people were already talking on the thread.
I knew that the game started I just didn't know that other people were already talking. I've officially watched this thread, so I'll try not to fall behind again, y'all:love:

So, I'm wondering ...

If cdoconn was so busy at work and unable to check this WW thread (because she didn't have any spare time), is cdoconn able to explain why she found enough extra time to snapchat with @SkiOtter, and exchange a few text messages with SkiOtter, and peak around elsewhere on SDN yesterday?

Just wondering @cdoconn, that's all.

So, I'm wondering ...

If cdoconn was so busy at work and unable to check this WW thread (because she didn't have any spare time), is cdoconn able to explain why she found enough extra time to snapchat with @SkiOtter, and exchange a few text messages with SkiOtter, and peak around elsewhere on SDN yesterday?

Just wondering @cdoconn, that's all.

I would like to hear the answer to this as well. Thinking that people haven't been posting on the game thread yet isn't a good reason in my opinion. But I do totally understand you being busy, cdo

Yeah, and I'm not saying she SHOULD be on here 24/7. I'm saying that she had been out of lab for quite a while but hadn't checked in and it made me go :eyebrow:
Her excuse for not checking in earlier was that she didn't realize that people were already talking on the thread.
Yeah, and I told you exactly what was going on.

So for clarification for everyone: I got to use my phone for 5 minute spans every like hour and a half (basically whenever the supervisor left and I was just watching the machines run). I never got any updates/ notifications that people were actually talking on this thread or I would've checked it. So the reason I was able to check into other threads/ Snapchat is because I got notifications from them, but not from this thread. I didn't want to come out right away when I was free (11 am CST) guns firing because nobody else had really talked yet and I couldn't get a reading from anyone. I didn't want to just RNG somebody, I wanted to wait until we've had some discussion to give my opinions.

I have to go back in now, (just so everyone is clear) so I'm gonna try to check in, but if I can't, you understand why.

I understand cdo here, it's a lot easier to check in on snapchat/texts than read a WW thread and make coherent posts. I don't think this necessarily clears her, but I also don't think it means she's a wolf. I don't think it means anything honestly.

Reactions: 9 users
I understand cdo here, it's a lot easier to check in on snapchat/texts than read a WW thread and make coherent posts. I don't think this necessarily clears her, but I also don't think it means she's a wolf. I don't think it means anything honestly.
Agreed

Especially because the SDN app is not very user friendly, and not using the app means using the internet browser which takes more time. So I apologize for any confusion I might've caused, but still.

My problem was more that she had been out of lab for a while and hadn't checked in. I found that weird. So I voted for her.

Dang, glad I don't have anyone keeping tabs on what I'm doing. There are times in out of work for 2-3 or more hours and still haven't checked into ww yet.

Haha I definitely meant this as a joke because of how much you talked first game and people thought you were a wold, then last game you were quiet and people thought you were a wolf. So it was like whatever Cdo says/doesn't say makes her suspicious.:p

I agree this is weird.

Unlynch confusing

Lynch Ski

I've definitely done the same thing as a villager in terms of posting elsewhere and not posting in the game thread, especially if I didn't have anything to say (yes, it happens sometimes). Couple things though:
1) We're talking about not checking in at all, despite having the chance to earlier in the day, and despite knowing the game had started.
2) It's impossible to have the discussion cdo says she was waiting for if people have the mindset that no one else is posting so I'm not going to post either. Just a note really.
3) There's a little bit of dissonance for me between cdo saying she didn't want to post at 11am because no one was talking yet, but saying later she didn't realize the game was going. There was a little chatter at that time on the thread. So @cdoconn did you actually check the thread at 11am or...?

So...I don't know. I'll have to think more. None of this is necessarily wolfy, just kind of feel like things are being over-explained a bit.

Reactions: 2 users
Has someone tagged LIS yet? I can't remember so @LetItSnow because I don't think we have heard from him yet

Haha someday I'll actually be a wolf and you'll just be ahead of the game.

If only it actually worked this way, eh @WildZoo?

Who else are we missing? I think last list showed 3 left, including LIS

STL and Abnerrs haven't voted, but already posted. I imagine they're trying to get some feels instead of randomly throwing out a vote.

I don't have an SDN app. So, I don't know if an SDN app is reliable or unreliable. I don't snapchat either. Don't enjoy text-messaging much at all. In any event, I have to wait until I can get back on an Internet browser - meaning a pc - to check into SDN because I prefer to use a comfortable keyboard.

To be honest, I understand that "life happens" and many posters may not (and will not) be able to check into this WW thread until they have spare time ... totally understand ... no worries.

However, based on my recent WW experience (with my beloved noob cohort :clap:), I have already learned that any "absence" (including legitimate or emergency absences) can quickly lead to lynches. When I was absent from the WW Circus thread, I was promptly lynched even though I told everyone (well ahead of time) that I would be "out-of-Internet" range on that day and couldn't return to SDN until the following day. I thought I was being polite and responsible. But nope - POOF! - I was lynched while I was absent. Lesson learned, the real-time way. Drats!

I've definitely done the same thing as a villager in terms of posting elsewhere and not posting in the game thread, especially if I didn't have anything to say (yes, it happens sometimes). Couple things though:
1) We're talking about not checking in at all, despite having the chance to earlier in the day, and despite knowing the game had started.
2) It's impossible to have the discussion cdo says she was waiting for if people have the mindset that no one else is posting so I'm not going to post either. Just a note really.
3) There's a little bit of dissonance for me between cdo saying she didn't want to post at 11am because no one was talking yet, but saying later she didn't realize the game was going. There was a little chatter at that time on the thread. So @cdoconn did you actually check the thread at 11am or...?

So...I don't know. I'll have to think more. None of this is necessarily wolfy, just kind of feel like things are being over-explained a bit.

Hmmm well especially with the super long days I could see why she didn't post since the game wasn't really going strongly yet, but I agree it's a little over explained.

I'm at navc so I'm gonna be struggling to stay active today and tomorrow but I'm gonna try hard! Tag me if anything important happens, I miss stuff reading posts on my phone.

@cdoconn, here is a question for you:

Did you find spare time to check into SDN and actually post on any SDN thread yesterday (i.e., at any time on Friday yesterday) before you decided to post your "I was too busy at work" response to this WW thread (i.e., your post at 10:52 PM on Friday night, yesterday)?

This is a simple "yes" or "no" answer.

Omg. I really don't think it's a big deal. I feel like this is seriously over thinking.
Gotta get those 5 posts in somehow, right? ;)

I don't mind it. More discussion = more to base reads on, even if the discussion doesn't directly lead to a wolf.

This might be nothing more than WW paranoia ... because SkiOtter and cdoconn might be stumbling through the beginning of this WW thread, just like everyone else.

I'm guessing it's very common for us to be suspicious of each other, eh? This game induces paranoia.

I'd like to hear from posters who haven't checked in, for whatever reason.

Gotta get those 5 posts in somehow, right? ;)

I don't mind it. More discussion = more to base reads on, even if the discussion doesn't directly lead to a wolf.
I guess I get it but I keep going:
giphy.gif

Reactions: 3 users
This feels like the whole "change your SDN settings to private" discussion that happened way back in my noob game (woo child's play). As in, perhaps there's something there, but it almost feels like cheating to use it and it could easily mean nothing.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

This feels like the whole "change your SDN settings to private" discussion that happened way back in my noob game (woo child's play). As in, perhaps there's something there, but it almost feels like cheating to use it and it could easily mean nothing.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile
I was totally thinking it feels like cheating too! :laugh:

I agree with this. I did think it was weird that cdo hadn't checked in yet, but she explained herself well enough to me. I don't really get why Ski is harping on this so much, but I don't feel suspicous enough to switch my vote to her either. I think this is a non-issue and we should discuss some other people today. If either cdo or Ski gets lynched and turns out to be a villager, I would really look at the people pushing to keep discussing this drama.

"Listen, I know you were taking a ****. Why didn't you have your phone with you to check ww. I mean seriously"

Reactions: 14 users
I saw the whole thing as more of a reflection on ski then cdo. It's like when two players know each other IRL and one is a wolf and they aren't sure they can keep up the farse in person, so they kill that person off early. At least I had that concern during the Pokémon game, was a wolf and BI was in my class. Couldn't kill her though because STL was a wolf too and he was getting all kinds of info from her.