Back to masks for us

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dude, these families won't even wear a damn mask. What makes you think they'd take their kid to be vaccinated?
I saw some nurses protesting mandatory vaccines today. They were holding signs that were ironically saying “Don’t fire your real heroes.”
If it's deliberate, why not just prioritize non covid emergencies first

Members don't see this ad.

If it's deliberate, why not just prioritize non covid emergencies first

I mean, if this forum is any indication, that's what someone suggested above and people lost their minds.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
On a related note, thoughts on rapid covid tests? To quickly test kids for viral load to decide whether they can go to school or not?
Who payin? And same concept..people would lose their minds.

Reactions: 1 user
my school just canceled our white coat ceremony :confused:

I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd be overjoyed if that happened and especially if I end up going to a school that has us make up our own version of the Hippocratic oath.

Reactions: 1 user
The government. Several countries in Europe had a lot of successes with this
1628912580803.gif

This thread is a huge dumpster fire. Kind of unfortunate because there were some interesting and legitimate questions worthy of conversation.

This thread is a huge dumpster fire. Kind of unfortunate because there were some interesting and legitimate questions worthy of conversation.
Yeah it seems like some people have a knack for holding lighters to potentially good threads. It’s been enjoyable to read though when I’m drinking a beer late at night

Went to the grocery store after my weekend call and actually saw a good number of people wearing masks. I would say like 70%.

This was impressive to me considering 1) it’s voluntary 2) I live in the south with low vaccination rates and higher community spread because freedomz n stuff. It was actually nice to see.
Well, this was short lived. I must have gone at the sensible hour. No one, but like less than 5% had masks today. Maybe all the unvaccinated people were safely inside the ICU. If that’s true, then I guess maskless is alright.

Just had an antivaxxer try to explain how the immune system works (it was entirely incorrect). He said he knew better than me because he got a 5 on the AP bio exam when he was 16. Literally wanted to throw myself off a bridge

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I completely abandoned my initial opposition to masks for vaccinated as i'm convinced from data (and from talking to attendings) that the 3rd covid shot is now necessary, and until i get one, i'll remain permanently masked up.