Bad Away Rotation Advice

Started by Bacterium
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Bacterium

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I was looking forward to a particular away rotation, and I even turned down offers to do rotations at two other very good programs to go this the particular program I am visiting now. However, now that I am here, I absolutely hate it. I do not even want to interview at the program anymore, and this is turning out to be a very expensive rotation as well. My question is how bad does it look if I decide to leave an away rotation early? Anyone have any advice to tactfully request to leave early?

Thanks.
 
So I was looking forward to a particular away rotation, and I even turned down offers to do rotations at two other very good programs to go this the particular program I am visiting now. However, now that I am here, I absolutely hate it. I do not even want to interview at the program anymore, and this is turning out to be a very expensive rotation as well. My question is how bad does it look if I decide to leave an away rotation early? Anyone have any advice to tactfully request to leave early?

Thanks.

It would look really bad. Grit your teeth and get a good eval out of it.
 
I am on an away rotation at a program that I am finding out isn't right for me. I am just going to get through it, and hopefully learn something. I don't think it would be appropriate to leave, but you don't have to interview, just politely decline.