BAD experience with Princeton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. N

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just want to share my experience with Princeton Prep course.
I signed up for the course about 2 month ago. They called me today, 2 weeks before course starts, and tell me that course is canceled, because there are just 5 people in the course and want to pack it up to 20!!!!! ridiculous!!!!!
:mad: !!

Members don't see this ad.

whew--I thought this was about my alma mater. I didn't take the course, but I weighed job offers from Princeton and Kaplan and found Kaplan to be much more professional and courteous. And better.
(PU is the ****)

but why Kaplan has half classroom hourse compared to Princeton, for same price?

Benjo said:
whew--I thought this was about my alma mater. I didn't take the course, but I weighed job offers from Princeton and Kaplan and found Kaplan to be much more professional and courteous. And better.
(PU is the ****)

Members don't see this ad :)
As noted in the other thread about this, preparation for the MCAT has very little to do with sitting in a classroom. It is about taking MCAT-style tests as much as possible, and Kaplan has a lot more out-of-class resources for you to exploit. The MCAT isn't, after all, a knowledge-based test. REmember that, and practice.

Princeton U also sucks..... Lacrosse wise :D (this is coming from a Hopkins kid)

Wow--you guys really have our number....one freaking year. We are hands down the most dominant school in the last decade or college lacrosse. Not that it means much to me, but let's keep some perspective here.

When it comes to studying for the MCAT, some people prefer spending less time in the classroom and more time taking practice tests, doing practice sections and problems. Thats what Kaplan is more geared towards. Oh, and they also have all their lectures on video tape, in case you miss any or just want to go over them again.

so are you gonna sit in on another class. i sure hope so...

I think, no I am sure I will go with Kaplan.

Thanks.

docmemi said:
so are you gonna sit in on another class. i sure hope so...

Dr. N said:
just want to share my experience with Princeton Prep course.
I signed up for the course about 2 month ago. They called me today, 2 weeks before course starts, and tell me that course is canceled, because there are just 5 people in the course and want to pack it up to 20!!!!! ridiculous!!!!!
:mad: !!

wow, when i took kaplan, there were only 4 of us in our class. i definitely would've been pissed off if they decided to cancel since i picked that particular course to fit with my schedule.

YEAP, THIS IS A GOOD LESSON --- DON'T GO WITH PRINCETON!!!!

spaz said:
wow, when i took kaplan, there were only 4 of us in our class. i definitely would've been pissed off if they decided to cancel since i picked that particular course to fit with my schedule.

Daddysoy said:
Princeton U also sucks..... Lacrosse wise :D (this is coming from a Hopkins kid)

Hopkins has a better med school than Princeton, too. Hands down. It's harder to get into Princeton, but Hopkins has much better teaching, facilities, etc. I would not recommend applying to P'ton Med.

ewing said:
Hopkins has a better med school than Princeton, too. Hands down. It's harder to get into Princeton, but Hopkins has much better teaching, facilities, etc. I would not recommend applying to P'ton Med.

what's going on here?

Yeah I heard it was really hard to get into Princeton Med. Don't they have the smallest class size in the nation?

I don't know where I am at, Princeton is the best. On the other hand, Kaplan people have gotten much lower scores than Princeton review people have.

Guess it depends on where you are.

Also depends on how much time you put into it as far as studying goes.

That's funny, where I'm at, I think it's just the opposite. I've heard so many people get way lower on their MCAT than in their practice tests with Princeton, while the reverse is usually true with those who take Kaplan. They usually go up a few points from their practice tests. In my Kaplan class of 10 people, I think like 8 of us had over a 33.