Bad Gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaymon10

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
this year was my first year in college and i partied a little too much... the first semester i got a 3.0 and second semester a 2.8... i wanted to ask for some opinions as to whether or not i am completely out of the running for med school?

Members don't see this ad.

Just a FYI but, you will get a hoard of flames and acerbic responses that will accuse you of posting in another person's name when you are describing your own situation (i.e. "my girlfriend" is you).

However, no she is definitely not in out of the running, it's her first year in college, and if there's any year that can be "screwed up" it will be your first year. As long as she shows marked improvement and can bring up her cumulative GPA over the years, she should be ok although she may need to explain briefly in her personal statement.

OP : this year was my first year in college and I partied a little too much... the first semester I got a 3.0 and second semester a 2.8... I wanted me to ask for some opinions as to whether or not I am completely out of the running for med school?

Braluk :No you are definitely not in out of the running, it's your first year in college, and if there's any year that can be "screwed up" it will be your first year. As long as you show marked improvement and can bring up your cumulative GPA over the years, you should be ok although you may need to explain briefly in your personal statement.