Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Bad grades after accepted...matters or no?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by WorriedWart, Dec 18, 2008.

1. WorriedWart

Pre-Dental
    I was just wondering how bad your grades have to be in order for you to get kicked out once you've been accepted...I got into a school already, but am having what looks like my worst semester in college yet, with a 2.7 GPA and my first C+. Does this matter? Will they contact me? Can I lose my spot now? I'm really worried...what should I do??

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sajjy

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Ask the school. I received my first C+ also this semester but my school said as long as you pass, its fine.

Btw is that why your ID is worriedwart?..LOL

4. WorriedWart

Pre-Dental

LOL! yea :scared:

5. DentalRocks09

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    lol u dont need to wrry about it...i have a bunch of Cs on my record..watever u do at this pt..ull be fine

6. polarmolar

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Try to finish out strong, but for the most part as long as its a passing grade you'll be fine : )

7. RMPredent2009

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I also got my first C+ this semester! Does anyone know if you have to do the academic update if you have already been accepted by schools?

8. Chesnok

Chesnok Waiting game has ended
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    To the above poster: always ask the school -you cannot have more exact info than that from your d-school. We can just guess about what may happen but don't take it for granted.
    Good luck.

9. TeamGuo

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Almost all schools require you to give them your final official transcipt before matriculation.

For the original poster, getting the first C or few bad grades may be fine, but try to finish strong, you got this far, don't slip at the end. And also, as predents, we really dont' have much breathing room for mistakes, considering there are 239409324 of strong applicants that are ready to take your place if something goes wrong.