Bad grades after accepted...matters or no?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WorriedWart

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering how bad your grades have to be in order for you to get kicked out once you've been accepted...I got into a school already, but am having what looks like my worst semester in college yet, with a 2.7 GPA and my first C+. Does this matter? Will they contact me? Can I lose my spot now? I'm really worried...what should I do??

Members don't see this ad.

I was just wondering how bad your grades have to be in order for you to get kicked out once you've been accepted...I got into a school already, but am having what looks like my worst semester in college yet, with a 2.7 GPA and my first C+. Does this matter? Will they contact me? Can I lose my spot now? I'm really worried...what should I do??

Ask the school. I received my first C+ also this semester but my school said as long as you pass, its fine.

Btw is that why your ID is worriedwart?..LOL

Members don't see this ad :)
lol u dont need to wrry about it...i have a bunch of Cs on my record..watever u do at this pt..ull be fine

lol u dont need to wrry about it...i have a bunch of Cs on my record..watever u do at this pt..ull be fine

Try to finish out strong, but for the most part as long as its a passing grade you'll be fine : )

I also got my first C+ this semester! Does anyone know if you have to do the academic update if you have already been accepted by schools?

To the above poster: always ask the school -you cannot have more exact info than that from your d-school. We can just guess about what may happen but don't take it for granted.
Good luck.

I also got my first C+ this semester! Does anyone know if you have to do the academic update if you have already been accepted by schools?

Almost all schools require you to give them your final official transcipt before matriculation.

For the original poster, getting the first C or few bad grades may be fine, but try to finish strong, you got this far, don't slip at the end. And also, as predents, we really dont' have much breathing room for mistakes, considering there are 239409324 of strong applicants that are ready to take your place if something goes wrong.