Dec 30, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
The final results are not up yet but I think I got a C+ in orgo1 and a C in physiology. There's an elective and I got an A- but I don't think it would matter. I have an overall GPA of 3.6 but it would hurt so much after the C's got in. The good side is that I shadowed for 100hr this semester, is that going to help? I also got B's in gen chem and cell bio freshmen year. I am now a sophomore and covid really crashed me. With these grades, can I still get into dental schools?

Mar 11, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
You're a sophomore so you're still early on in your journey. You will be fine as long as you keep your grades up. GPA is important

Reactions: 1 user

gdent07

2+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Don't lose hope. Do better in the rest of your courses to raise your GPA and get a competitive DAT score. I know people who got a C+ in organic chem and still got into dental school. Shadowing is great but make sure to have good grades above all.

About the Ads

sobertiger

10+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
You can get into dental school with Cs, Ws, and even Ds and Fs. You still have a great GPA. I wouldn't worry about it.

TurtleEnthusiast

2+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I got a D- in Cell Biology, a D+ in Biochem, and C-s for both semesters of Orgo the first time I took it. Keep your head up and keep focusing hard on academics; if you need to retake a class to make sure you’re hitting the minimum grade needed for a particular school, do it knowing that it may be the only shot left to make up for the first grade. Keep in mind that you still have some time left before you apply, and that scoring well on the DAT can help balance out a transcript that has grades all over the place!

Dec 30, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I got a D- in Cell Biology, a D+ in Biochem, and C-s for both semesters of Orgo the first time I took it. Keep your head up and keep focusing hard on academics; if you need to retake a class to make sure you’re hitting the minimum grade needed for a particular school, do it knowing that it may be the only shot left to make up for the first grade. Keep in mind that you still have some time left before you apply, and that scoring well on the DAT can help balance out a transcript that has grades all over the place
I've seen a lot of people saying that with a low GPA, some schools won't even look at my other materials. I can see you were accepted in CWRU and I love that school. Did you get in as a first-time applicant?

Dec 30, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
You can get into dental school with Cs, Ws, and even Ds and Fs. You still have a great GPA. I wouldn't worry about it.
My GPA just dropped from 3.6 to 3.2. Do you think it is still ok? Anyway, there's nothing I can do but study my ass off for the rest of college

sobertiger

10+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
My GPA just dropped from 3.6 to 3.2. Do you think it is still ok? Anyway, there's nothing I can do but study my ass off for the rest of college
Do well on your upper division science courses and the DAT, and you should be ok.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads