Bad standardized testers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrBuro

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was curious if anyone had any advice for poor standardized test takers to increase their abilities. I have never struggled in any class in the past and have gotten near-perfect grades my entire life, but when it comes down to standardized tests, I kind of just go blank and have a hard time. Since we are all thinking of going to medical school, obviously standardized testing will be a big part of our lives. I did decently on the SAT, but would like to improve my ability for the MCATs next year. Any advice would be extremely appreciated, thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

deuist said:
Take LOTS of practice exams so that you'll be familiar with the format of the passages and questions.

I went from a 27 on my ACT's to a 37 on my MCAT. I believe the best advice would be to practice the real testing conditions. So many people succumb to exhaustion during the test that just getting through the thing while keeping your concentration is a huge part of it all. That and doing thousands of practice problems :).