bad teeth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sweettooth

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I was wondering if anyone out there has any embarrassment regarding their own teeth. To give you an idea, I have fillings in nine of my teeth. I obviously didn't take care of them that well when I was younger and am a little uneasy about having fellow students work on me during school. I would like to know how people with good teeth will feel about a person in my situation trying to become a dentist. Also, if there is another person in my situation I would like to know how you are looking at it as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey don't worry about it. I have too many fillings to count as well and also have tetracyclin stains that make my teeth look greyish-yellow (hopefully bleaching will get rid of some stains).

I also know of a pediatric dentist that has some implants, fillings, and crowns.

Maybe you can use it to your advantage at an interview and say that you know how fillings are performed and open your month and show the interviewer your shiny silver teeth. =)