Bag that fits Harriet Lane?

Started by SargonZ
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SargonZ

Peds resident
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know that some folks like to carry their Harriet in a bag that can be worn, especially if you're not a white coat wearing kind of person. I'm looking for a bag to carry my Harriet and a few other small supplies (tongue depressors, stickers, extra pens, etc.) and was wondering if any of you had a favorite bag that you could recommend. Ideally I'd like something that will be comfortable and not obtrusive - I don't care as much about the look of it as the functionality.
Thanks in advance!
 
Are we talkin' fanny pack? or something more purse (for girls) or messenger bag (for guys)?

Plastic grocery bags fit a lot AND reusing them is cool nowadays since its considered "green".
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The Eddie Bauer "Expedition Outfitter Guide Bag" is probably about the perfect size for what you're looking for. Most likely, you'll eventually tire of carrying a bag around, though. You'll also usually find a Harriet squirreled away near where you need it or you'll access it through mdconsult.
 
palm TX and skyscape for all us Verizon slaves, or iphone via the itunes app store for all you lucky AT&T users...
 
Thanks J-Rad, that's exactly the sort of thing I was looking for.
Dr. Thom - a fanny pack? Perish the thought! Something over-the-shoulder is what I was thinking of.

Call me old-fashioned, but I like my paper copy of Harriet. Plus, like I said, I want a place to carry pens, etc. also - can't carry extra pens in a phone or PDA.
 
I was actually in a Columbia outlet shopping with my wife and she was looking at this little bag type thing that I honestly think would have been a perfect size for a harriet lane and a few pens like you were talking about.

I completly agree though that the paper copy is really nice to have to read... Drug stuff I found easier on my Palm, but to read any of the other part I usually dug up a paper copy when I needed it this past year...

on another note SargonZ, I'm a soon to be geisinger peds intern! 🙂