Balance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaliCPhT

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is a question for all the pharmacy student moms (and dads) who are currently enrolled in a PharmD program. How do you balance you school/study time with time spent with your child(ren) and how do you keep up on housework? Do any of you also have jobs? If so, how many hours a week do you work?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Here is a question for all the pharmacy student moms (and dads) who are currently enrolled in a PharmD program. How do you balance you school/study time with time spent with your child(ren) and how do you keep up on housework? Do any of you also have jobs? If so, how many hours a week do you work?

Thanks!

I don't start pharm school until the fall. However, I can tell you how I did it as an undergrad and grad student. During undergrad, I was a full time student, a full time employee, and some of that time I also homeschooled my daughter. In graduate school I was a full time student and worked two jobs. You just have to learn to prioritize. How did I keep up with housework? I didn't. Housekeeping was at the bottom of my priorities. My house looked like a tornado went through it. But I made good grades, kept up my work responsibilities, and found a way to spend some time with my family. Decide what is really important to you and then don't worry about any of the other stuff.

that is really impressive glowwyrm!!! Congrats! I hope to start pharmacy school next fall, and my little one will be 4 next October. Good luck to you this fall!

Thanks. I was a pretty miserable person to be around because I was so sleep deprived and grouchy. I'm glad I did it but I'm so glad it's over.