Balance?

Discussion in 'Pharmacy' started by CaliCPhT, May 3, 2007.

1. CaliCPhT

Moderator Emeritus 2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Here is a question for all the pharmacy student moms (and dads) who are currently enrolled in a PharmD program. How do you balance you school/study time with time spent with your child(ren) and how do you keep up on housework? Do any of you also have jobs? If so, how many hours a week do you work?

Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Glowwyrm

Glowwyrm Member
    5+ Year Member

I don't start pharm school until the fall. However, I can tell you how I did it as an undergrad and grad student. During undergrad, I was a full time student, a full time employee, and some of that time I also homeschooled my daughter. In graduate school I was a full time student and worked two jobs. You just have to learn to prioritize. How did I keep up with housework? I didn't. Housekeeping was at the bottom of my priorities. My house looked like a tornado went through it. But I made good grades, kept up my work responsibilities, and found a way to spend some time with my family. Decide what is really important to you and then don't worry about any of the other stuff.

4. CaliCPhT

Moderator Emeritus 2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    that is really impressive glowwyrm!!! Congrats! I hope to start pharmacy school next fall, and my little one will be 4 next October. Good luck to you this fall!

5. Glowwyrm

Glowwyrm Member
    5+ Year Member

Thanks. I was a pretty miserable person to be around because I was so sleep deprived and grouchy. I'm glad I did it but I'm so glad it's over.