Bane Of Existence!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amathew

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am STILL yes still trying to put my personal statement together. I think I have some pretty good body information, but I don't know how to conclude it. I know I shouldn't be summingup everything i mentioned. Is there any sure fire way of concluding a personal statement??

Members don't see this ad.

amathew said:
I am STILL yes still trying to put my personal statement together. I think I have some pretty good body information, but I don't know how to conclude it. I know I shouldn't be summingup everything i mentioned. Is there any sure fire way of concluding a personal statement??

conclusively prove that you've cured cancer...or AIDS...or solved the problem regarding the uninsured. Proofs of all the above should get you in ;)

HA! if it only was that easy! i've worked at both AIDS and cancer labs and I was a public health major so i have written papers on insurance policies. but sadly, nothing really helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
amathew said:
HA! if it only was that easy! i've worked at both AIDS and cancer labs and I was a public health major so i have written papers on insurance policies. but sadly, nothing really helps!
Impressive, most impressive. But you have not solved them yet...

Try to tie up the general theme of the PS with a reference back to the intro. For example, if you began by talking about discipline in the intro, and this was a characteristic that you highlighted throughout the body, try to include this in the conclusion and a final statement about how this particular characteristic (or life experience, etc.) will help you in your medical career. Just a thought; it seemed to work well in a friend's PS that I reviewed.

spygal said:
Try to tie up the general theme of the PS with a reference back to the intro. For example, if you began by talking about discipline in the intro, and this was a characteristic that you highlighted throughout the body, try to include this in the conclusion and a final statement about how this particular characteristic (or life experience, etc.) will help you in your medical career. Just a thought; it seemed to work well in a friend's PS that I reviewed.

I did the exact same thing. I had a couple of adcoms at one of the medical schools of which I am applying review and edit my PS and each one loved how I concluded by returning to the intro. So I suggest you try to do the same.
Good Luck :luck: