amathew

10+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2006
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
I am STILL yes still trying to put my personal statement together. I think I have some pretty good body information, but I don't know how to conclude it. I know I shouldn't be summingup everything i mentioned. Is there any sure fire way of concluding a personal statement??

AngryBaby

El Hefe
10+ Year Member
Sep 16, 2004
Somewhere in-between success and failure
Status
  1. Medical Student
amathew said:
I am STILL yes still trying to put my personal statement together. I think I have some pretty good body information, but I don't know how to conclude it. I know I shouldn't be summingup everything i mentioned. Is there any sure fire way of concluding a personal statement??

conclusively prove that you've cured cancer...or AIDS...or solved the problem regarding the uninsured. Proofs of all the above should get you in ;)

amathew

10+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2006
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
HA! if it only was that easy! i've worked at both AIDS and cancer labs and I was a public health major so i have written papers on insurance policies. but sadly, nothing really helps!

About the Ads

spygal

10+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2006
Status
Try to tie up the general theme of the PS with a reference back to the intro. For example, if you began by talking about discipline in the intro, and this was a characteristic that you highlighted throughout the body, try to include this in the conclusion and a final statement about how this particular characteristic (or life experience, etc.) will help you in your medical career. Just a thought; it seemed to work well in a friend's PS that I reviewed.

mshollywoodmd

10+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2006
Land of the Righteous
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
spygal said:
Try to tie up the general theme of the PS with a reference back to the intro. For example, if you began by talking about discipline in the intro, and this was a characteristic that you highlighted throughout the body, try to include this in the conclusion and a final statement about how this particular characteristic (or life experience, etc.) will help you in your medical career. Just a thought; it seemed to work well in a friend's PS that I reviewed.

I did the exact same thing. I had a couple of adcoms at one of the medical schools of which I am applying review and edit my PS and each one loved how I concluded by returning to the intro. So I suggest you try to do the same.
Good Luck :luck:

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads