amathew

10+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
I am STILL yes still trying to put my personal statement together. I think I have some pretty good body information, but I don't know how to conclude it. I know I shouldn't be summingup everything i mentioned. Is there any sure fire way of concluding a personal statement??

AngryBaby

El Hefe
10+ Year Member
Sep 16, 2004
Somewhere in-between success and failure
Status
Medical Student
amathew said:
I am STILL yes still trying to put my personal statement together. I think I have some pretty good body information, but I don't know how to conclude it. I know I shouldn't be summingup everything i mentioned. Is there any sure fire way of concluding a personal statement??
conclusively prove that you've cured cancer...or AIDS...or solved the problem regarding the uninsured. Proofs of all the above should get you in ;)

OP
amathew

amathew

10+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
HA! if it only was that easy! i've worked at both AIDS and cancer labs and I was a public health major so i have written papers on insurance policies. but sadly, nothing really helps!

spygal

10+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2006
Status
Try to tie up the general theme of the PS with a reference back to the intro. For example, if you began by talking about discipline in the intro, and this was a characteristic that you highlighted throughout the body, try to include this in the conclusion and a final statement about how this particular characteristic (or life experience, etc.) will help you in your medical career. Just a thought; it seemed to work well in a friend's PS that I reviewed.

mshollywoodmd

10+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2006
Land of the Righteous
Status
Pre-Medical
spygal said:
Try to tie up the general theme of the PS with a reference back to the intro. For example, if you began by talking about discipline in the intro, and this was a characteristic that you highlighted throughout the body, try to include this in the conclusion and a final statement about how this particular characteristic (or life experience, etc.) will help you in your medical career. Just a thought; it seemed to work well in a friend's PS that I reviewed.
I did the exact same thing. I had a couple of adcoms at one of the medical schools of which I am applying review and edit my PS and each one loved how I concluded by returning to the intro. So I suggest you try to do the same.
Good Luck :luck: