Barry University Master's of Biomedical Sciences Program Fall 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dolphins72

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Located at Barry's Hollywood campus. If you have any questions, please ask!

Members don't see this ad.

How much does it cost? How many years?

Hello, I'm a graduate of the BMS program and on my way to dental school this summer! It is $990 per credit hour. There are 3 options in the amount of time to complete the program - 12 months, 18 months or 2 years. Track placement is dependent on the Admissions Committee.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
does a 3.0 overall gpa and a 19 DAT give me good chances of getting in here

Hey guys I'm very interested in this program. I heard good things about it. Does anyone know the cost of this program? Also I'm comparing this program vs Mississippi College masters program. I have a 3.5 GPA and 3.45 sGPA. 19AA. I know before someone comments on why I'm doing a masters, I'll say that this is the same questions I asked all 4 schools I have talked to and told me to take upper level science classes. They said If I retake the DAT, I would have to get a 22+ on it and I don't think I'm confident enough to go through it. I do well in classes, not standardized tests.
The cost is $990/ credit hour...taking a master's course will help you become a stronger applicant for Dental school in ways other than improving your GPA. You will also have time to develop good study habits that you will take with you to dental or medical school. In addition, you will be studying with students that share your same goals; creating an environment for you to not only help you keep studying but also thrive. With this, you will be more confident when the time comes to retake the DAT.

Let us say my sgpa and cgpa are pretty good, about 3.95 and 3.87, respectively. My MCAT is low 510s. Would a Barry Master's help me prepare for medical school and increase my chances of when reapplying to medical school? My first cycle I got rejected to almost every medical school, but now I feeel as though I want to prepare myself so that I can do well on the Boards and get a good residency. Is this rational?

Let us say my sgpa and cgpa are pretty good, about 3.95 and 3.87, respectively. My MCAT is low 510s. Would a Barry Master's help me prepare for medical school and increase my chances of when reapplying to medical school? My first cycle I got rejected to almost every medical school, but now I feeel as though I want to prepare myself so that I can do well on the Boards and get a good residency. Is this rational?
Given your exceptional GPA and MCAT, you might benefit from speaking directly with the Program Director, Dr. Chandra. Most of the students in the program with me did not have as high scores as you before the program, but yes the program definitely makes you more prepared for professional school since almost all of the course work in the Masters program is the same as the first year in med/dental school.

Reactions: 1 user
Located at Barry's Hollywood campus. If you have any questions, please ask!
What are some of the more challenging courses you've taken in the course? About how many hours a week do you dedicate to studying? Have you been able to find time to shadow, volunteer, or spend time with friends? are there any professors that are terrible that I should avoid? How hard would it be to pull off a 3.8 GPA?
I'm nervous about the program because I realized how high a GPA is required for re-applying to dental school, so any tips and tricks would be super appreciated! thanks!

Hello I just recently applied to Barry BMS program for Spring 18' admission and i just wanted to know if there is a fee that you have to pay to hold your seat if you are accepted. Also how does financial aid work, I applied for aid and Barry received it just didn't know the next step.

Hello, I was recently admitted into the program for the Spring 2018 semester. I wanted to know if a few current students could give me some tips (or "heads-ups) about ways to prepare for certain classes and/or professors. I've heard lots of things from previous students, however since most of the program's faculty and staff have left or been replaced, most of the info I have is now out dated. Thanks for your help!

What are the actual statistics of students on the medical track entering MD and DO specifically?
How many students are on the medical track, usually on average? How many get accepted to MD or DO?
The program states 70 percent including other professional schools. I'm only interested in MD and DO