Basic Exam Stats (2015)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

acidbase1

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any data since results were released?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are they not releasing top 10% info this year? Would have be nice to know that prior to putting in the extra study hours...

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Are they not releasing top 10% info this year? Would have be nice to know that prior to putting in the extra study hours...

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

You didn't get top 10%?

Anyone else recently receive a letter stating they scored in the top 10 % of examinees? I doubt this can be submitted to fellowships as an accolade, but it does make one look good to one's program.

Anyone else recently receive a letter stating they scored in the top 10 % of examinees? I doubt this can be submitted to fellowships as an accolade, but it does make one look good to one's program.
You should definitely send the info on to the fellowship programs where you applied. It is a big deal and you should use it to your advantage.
Congrats!

Reactions: 1 user
It can be submitted to fellowship programs. Even if they don't ask for it, you can include it on your CV or in the academic history of your application.

Not every program asks for ITE scores, but some do. Maybe most do? (I only applied to 3 programs so my personal N is small, but all 3 wanted them.) I have to believe all programs would look favorably on someone with top 10% scores. So don't let them overlook it. :)

You should definitely send the info on to the fellowship programs where you applied. It is a big deal and you should use it to your advantage.
Congrats!

I punched in the numbers and the math does work out.

Top 10% + Chief - Fellowship = Dream Job

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So how did you guys go about doing this. Cold emailing all the programs you applied to? Feels weird especially if they don't ask for it? Like ... "Hey I know you didn't ask for it ... But here is my top 10 paper" :) ... Especially if your app is submitted already. I figure if I didn't finalize it I would. But mine is already finalized and available for viewing. But it still is pretty early in the cycle so I don't think many programs have viewed the files yet.

And did you guys go through the directory of programs and email it to the coordinator? What if the coordinator listed is the program director / attending. That'd be awkward?

Thanx!

Just curious how long the list of missed keywords was for you guys who got top 10%? Thanks.

Bump, wondering this as well

I actually don't know. I just discarded that keywords sheet. I'm horrible at keeping copies of things. As soon as I knew I passed I threw it away. I just felt like the exam was an expensive replica of the ITE. I didn't study at all after the ITE for the exam. So getting the letter from the ABA was actually a huge surprise.

Now what to do with this letter? Are y'all emailing it to program coordinators?

Thanks.

Did the letter go straight to your house, or to your program?

So how did you guys go about doing this. Cold emailing all the programs you applied to? Feels weird especially if they don't ask for it? Like ... "Hey I know you didn't ask for it ... But here is my top 10 paper" :) ... Especially if your app is submitted already. I figure if I didn't finalize it I would. But mine is already finalized and available for viewing. But it still is pretty early in the cycle so I don't think many programs have viewed the files yet.

And did you guys go through the directory of programs and email it to the coordinator? What if the coordinator listed is the program director / attending. That'd be awkward?

Thanx!
It is not awkward. It is an update to your CV. Same as if you had a manuscript accepted for publication or were accepted to AOA. Just keeping the program updated with your latest CV addition.
It could very well mean the difference between getting invited for an interview and not getting an invite. It is seriously a huge honor and you need to represent yourself because no one else will.