General Admissions & OTCAS Bay Path University Fall 2018 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Based on your experience so far, would you encourage or discourage new students from holding a job during summer 1 and the first semester?

I guess it would depend on what you do for work. A lot of people work in restaurants or nanny and don't have problems with it. So, it's definitely doable. The biggest thing is you'll have weeks when a lot of stuff is due. That's where it becomes challenging.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Getting so anxious every time I see an email from Maggie like give me some good news or just don’t email me lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not to get anyone too excited-- but I heard back from the other school, and I am top 1/3 on their waitlist. They have already made it down 2 spots on that list, so my chances are good. If I get accepted there, I will be declining Bay Path. I am going to wait till Monday to see, and then put a deposit down for Bay Path. I'll just eat the money lost if I get into my first choice, after that Monday.

And accepted people get those emails too... lol
 
Not to get anyone too excited-- but I heard back from the other school, and I am top 1/3 on their waitlist. They have already made it down 2 spots on that list, so my chances are good. If I get accepted there, I will be declining Bay Path. I am going to wait till Monday to see, and then put a deposit down for Bay Path. I'll just eat the money lost if I get into my first choice, after that Monday.

And accepted people get those emails too... lol

Wow that’s awesome! I like how they’re able to tell you where you are so it’s not as much worrying
 
Wow that’s awesome! I like how they’re able to tell you where you are so it’s not as much worrying
Yeah, apparently this is a new thing for this this year. They split them into 3 categories of first third, middle and last third. It is very considerate, as we have to make some very big choices before the summer.
 
Yeah, apparently this is a new thing for this this year. They split them into 3 categories of first third, middle and last third. It is very considerate, as we have to make some very big choices before the summer.

But still that's awesome you got some clarity! I feel like I'm in purgatory right now lol
 
Still haven’t been able to see if the stats class I took will be good to go for this program.

The program director took this week off, but we are supposed to make decisions by Tuesday. A little frustrating not knowing whether I would have to take an additional class in summer 1 to make it in.
 
Still haven’t been able to see if the stats class I took will be good to go for this program.

The program director took this week off, but we are supposed to make decisions by Tuesday. A little frustrating not knowing whether I would have to take an additional class in summer 1 to make it in.
You can always just sign up for it and then just drop if its not needed
 
Sometimes I feel that way. But one of them was my COTA degree and bachelor's degree so I have all this background OT knowledge so it is just going to help me.
 
Sometimes I feel that way. But one of them was my COTA degree and bachelor's degree so I have all this background OT knowledge so it is just going to help me.
Oh yeah that will benefit you so much. I changed majors halfway through... :/ and it has nothing to do with healthcare.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sometimes I feel that way. But one of them was my COTA degree and bachelor's degree so I have all this background OT knowledge so it is just going to help me.

How is it being a COTA ? Are there a lot of job opportunities. I applied to some schools for OTA programs too in case I don' get into a masters program ....my goal is to become a COTA and find a bridge program!
 
Well I just got rejected from another program so I’m really praying I get off this waitlist for here
 
How is it being a COTA ? Are there a lot of job opportunities. I applied to some schools for OTA programs too in case I don' get into a masters program ....my goal is to become a COTA and find a bridge program!
I like being COTA but my goal was always to become an OT. That’s why I became a COTA cause I didn’t get in OT schools the first time. Yes, there are jobs. We basically do the same things expect for the evaluations.
 
Hoping for positive news this week for everyone whether it’s from Bay Path or other schools. I’m hoping Bay Path gets back to us within a few days of the deposit deadline but we will see.
 
Did anyone receive an acceptance email/phone call dated AFTER March 6th? I’m curious because Maggie said that waitlisted individuals can expect to hear back after all students who were accepted have a chance to respond. Right now, I am anticipating the earliest we will hear is March 21st (2 weeks after acceptances were sent out). However, this changes if there were acceptances sent out after March 6th, thus pushing my anticipated dated back further.

Would love to know!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m still waiting on my stats course to be approved. I doubt the waitlist decisions will move very fast, when they haven’t gotten back to me on that. :/
 
I’m still waiting on my stats course to be approved. I doubt the waitlist decisions will move very fast, when they haven’t gotten back to me on that. :/

Did you end up sending the deposit to hold your seat anyways? I can’t believe its taking so long for you to get an answer.
 
Did you end up sending the deposit to hold your seat anyways? I can’t believe its taking so long for you to get an answer.
Yeah.. I did. But like I said.. if I get into the smaller cohort program, I’m will cancel it out. I just don’t want to go through the application process again. Way too stressful.
 
Just got rejected from ANOTHER program so my chances really aren't looking good at all. Really praying Bay Path comes through for me or else I really don't know what to do.
 
Just got rejected from ANOTHER program so my chances really aren't looking good at all. Really praying Bay Path comes through for me or else I really don't know what to do.
Don't be so hard on yourself! Its hard to get into these programs! I got rejected the first time applying but I got into OTA programs. Now I am a COTA and I got in this year!! If you really want something don't give up!!
 
Don't be so hard on yourself! Its hard to get into these programs! I got rejected the first time applying but I got into OTA programs. Now I am a COTA and I got in this year!! If you really want something don't give up!!

Thanks 🙂 It's just tough when you get rejected back to back haha. How do you like being a COTA?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlisted people: does anyone plan to call about status or just gonna wait it out?
Are they at least giving you reasons on why?

That I don't meet the requirements and that their applicant pool is competitive. Sigh. Well I guess Bay Path is my best shot at this point but I'm guessing we're not going to hear anything until Easter or later.
 

LOL me too! I don't want to seem pushy though. I was thinking maybe the Monday after Easter if we don't hear anything before then. I figured I'd give them a little more time just to get everything ironed out
 
LOL me too! I don't want to seem pushy though. I was thinking maybe the Monday after Easter if we don't hear anything before then. I figured I'd give them a little more time just to get everything ironed out
What if everyone accepted their slot for now?