Baylor DPT (Jan 2021 Start)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wambam1391

Reaction score
Looking to see if anybody can help me out. Baylor’s website says that you can now apply for their DPT program that starts next January, but I’m unable to find their application on PTCAS. Am I the only one having this problem? Is there something I need to do to be able to apply there on PTCAS? Any help would be great, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

No, you weren't the only one! The application is open now , good luck!

Has anybody else applied and gotten a response? I believed the website about the advantages of applying early, and still got deferred until October.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody else applied and gotten a response? I believed the website about the advantages of applying early, and still got deferred until October.
I received an email to interview yesterday. Are you pending anything they asked for?

I received an email to interview yesterday. Are you pending anything they asked for?

Congrats, that’s awesome! Good luck on your interview. Be sure to update if/when you hear anything!

As far my situation, No they gave me nothing to work off of. Just said they’re going to defer my application until the main applicant pool has been assembled.
I already got accepted into a program that starts in August but I was hoping for a chance at Baylor as my wife and I are here in Dallas and wouldn’t have to make a massive change. So we’re trying to consider whether or not it’s worth the risk of giving up a spot at a sure thing.

Congrats, that’s awesome! Good luck on your interview. Be sure to update if/when you hear anything!

As far my situation, No they gave me nothing to work off of. Just said they’re going to defer my application until the main applicant pool has been assembled.
I already got accepted into a program that starts in August but I was hoping for a chance at Baylor as my wife and I are here in Dallas and wouldn’t have to make a massive change. So we’re trying to consider whether or not it’s worth the risk of giving up a spot at a sure thing.
Thank you!

Hmmm. My advice would be keep your seat and go because it's hard to get into these types of programs and you've worked hard to get into one. It is a tough choice though as you also have your wife to think about and don't want to uproot your life, but if this is your dream go get it! It will benefit the both of you in the long run:)

Has anyone else applied for this cohort?

Yes, I submitted the supplemental application last night and received an interview invite this morning!
Good luck! I haven't heard back after submitting my interview. I was super nervous, I feel like I bombed it but we will see lol

Got wait-listed :/
Ahh best of luck! I hope you get in eventually! I applied and interviewed as well. What was the turnaround time between interviewing and finding out? Did they give you a reason? And did they ever confirm that they received your interview? I emailed Amanda afterwards as instructed, but I never received any sort of confirmation.

Ahh best of luck! I hope you get in eventually! I applied and interviewed as well. What was the turnaround time between interviewing and finding out? Did they give you a reason? And did they ever confirm that they received your interview? I emailed Amanda afterwards as instructed, but I never received any sort of confirmation.
Good luck to both of you! Sorry to hear about the wait list, but there is a lot of time for movement before January 2021.
I interviewed and am waiting to hear back as well. I did receive confirmation from Amanda that they received my interview. Maybe reach out again? They're so good about communication!

Um about 2 weeks to hear back after my interview submission. No, no reason, just weird since it's still early and cohort isn't full lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to both of you! Sorry to hear about the wait list, but there is a lot of time for movement before January 2021.
I interviewed and am waiting to hear back as well. I did receive confirmation from Amanda that they received my interview. Maybe reach out again? They're so good about communication!

Thanks for the advice! She has been really good about communication in the past. I followed up with her again, just to make sure, but I still didn't receive a confirmation. It may be that they're busy, I know APTA's CSM is happening right now.

And okay, thanks @dtrmnd1 !

Update: I got the acceptance call. Took about 2 weeks. Best of luck to everybody! Never lose hope and keep persevering.

Hey everyone! I will be applying at the beginning of the second application period. I have a 3.9 cumulative and a 3.8 pre-req GPA with a degree in Exercise Science and Pre-Physical Therapy, made a 154 verbal, a 153 quantitative, and a 4 on the essays. I've done a little over 100 observation hours in outpatient, inpatient, aquatic, and education PT, and just got hired as a Rehab Technician at a rehabilitation hospital. I am also a veteran (if that will carry any weight in my application), and worked as a PT tech for six months as a Hospital Corpsman (however, I unfortunately cannot get into contact with any of the PTs I served with there to claim hours :( ). I would like to think I have a great shot, but I am still very nervous, as I have seen individuals with great stats still get wait listed or even rejected! I feel like it all comes down to that interview process... I will update everyone after I apply!

Got my acceptance call! Took about 10 days.
I’m just overwhelmed by God’s love and I’m excited about this opportunity, especially since at the beginning of the year I was told I may have to wait until the general pool of applicants during round 2.
I plan on checking back on this to provide any insight where I can. Good luck everybody!
SicEm

Reactions: 1 user
Got my acceptance call! Took about 10 days.
I’m just overwhelmed by God’s love and I’m excited about this opportunity, especially since at the beginning of the year I was told I may have to wait until the general pool of applicants during round 2.
I plan on checking back on this to provide any insight where I can. Good luck everybody!
SicEm
Congratulations good luck!

Hey! My PTCAS application was verified, and I received an email for an interview one hour later! Fingers crossed!

Hey! My PTCAS application was verified, and I received an email for an interview one hour later! Fingers crossed!

Wow! You already submitted your application and had it verified? Have you heard back from any other schools yet?

Completed my interview last Thursday. They told me 3-4 weeks for a final decision.

I submitted everything on the 3rd. Transcripts were put in and approved on the 10th.
wow super quick! just submitted today so hoping it will be shorter then the 4-5 weeks they say. Good luck this cycle!

Hey, everyone! I am excited to announce that I was accepted! I sent in my interview on Thursday, they just called me today, Tuesday morning!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey, everyone! I am excited to announce that I was accepted! I sent in my interview on Thursday, they just called me today, Tuesday morning!
I too was accepted this morning!! Congrats! I look forward to meeting you.

Reactions: 3 users
I check in to this thread about twice a week, and am sad to see it's dead! How's everyone doing? Application updates?

Best of luck to applicants and looking forward to meeting everyone accepted!

Reactions: 2 users
I just submitted my application yesterday and it has already been verified! I am planning on submitting my supplemental today. I have heard great things about this program and am super excited.

Good luck everyone! :)

Reactions: 1 users
I check in pretty often too, so it’s good to see others are still checking too! I interviewed a little over two weeks ago so I’m anxious to hear something soon. Good luck to you all!

Received an interview invite this morning. :D Does anyone have any tips/tricks/words of advice for tackling the interview?

Received an interview invite this morning. :D Does anyone have any tips/tricks/words of advice for tackling the interview?
Congrats! Just spend some time getting used to interviewing in a virtual format and get some practice in.

Just received my acceptance call around 10:30! So excited to meet all of you guys!!

Reactions: 4 users
I completed my interview this morning! Everything went smooth and I look forward to hearing back soon!!

Hey everyone,
I just finished my interview this afternoon and look forward to a response. Strange that their application is open for a whole year! Some background information on me. I'm a Kinesiotherapist at a Veteran's Medical Center so I've got somewhere in the neighborhood of 3000 observation hours. My GRE is the weakest part of my application with a Verbal of 160 Quantitative of 150 Writing of 5.0. Undergrad GPA is 3.9 and Pre Requisite GPA is 3.95. I'm applying to the Baylor Hybrid program, the Army-Baylor Program and Virginia Commonwealth University.

Hello, I submitted my Application last Tuesday and got an interview email the next day. I read that they'll ask the two questions provided and to have those prepared. I also read that those will be followed by several randomized questions. Does anyone remember any of the random questions they asked? This will be my first interview so I am kinda nervous.

Hello, I submitted my Application last Tuesday and got an interview email the next day. I read that they'll ask the two questions provided and to have those prepared. I also read that those will be followed by several randomized questions. Does anyone remember any of the random questions they asked? This will be my first interview so I am kinda nervous.
Can you please describe your interview experience: what questions were asked, format and etc.

Can you please describe your interview experience: what questions were asked, format and etc.
Sure! Of course, it was a video format as described In the email. I had 5 questions. 2 of which were given a head of time. You were given 2 minutes per question. Besides the provided questions, I was asked: what are you looking for in a pt school? If a patient is showing poor compliance with their plan of care, how would you handle the situation? And if you caught a classmate cheating, what would you do? After my responses were recorded, I let the admissions counselor know via email that I was done. It went a lot better than expected!