Baylor University Hybrid DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Csn2024

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied to Baylor's new hybrid DPT program that will be starting in January? If so, have you heard back/interviewed yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I have applied and have been accepted!

Reactions: 1 users

Congrats!! I just received an email saying that I'm invited to interview. How did yours go? What did you think about the online format?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! I just received an email saying that I'm invited to interview. How did yours go? What did you think about the online format?
The interview was different... Not being able to see the reaction of the interviewer from my answer was weird. The only thing you can see is the recording of yourself. I don't remember the exact questions, but nothing was a surprise just the basic interview questions. But it was a pretty stress free interview, just make sure you have a good internet connection

What was your stats? I'm hopefully applying next year!
Not exact stats, trying to go off of memory here.
CGPA - 3.3 something
PGPA - 3.81
GRE Q-153 V-147 AW-4.5
About 1,000 hours mixed between OP ortho, aquatics, hospital, and home health.

My husband was just accepted into Baylor's DPT program yesterday!

His CGPA was 3.6
His GRE scores met the minimum for what UTSW wanted, so they were ok.

But he is 39, and has 20 years of experience between fitness training and athletic training, so I know that helped. Many of the other programs say they look at your background, but they only look at your numbers 1st. So he was rejected from UTSW and UTD last year, and we haven't heard anything this year. Doesn't matter, though, because we really like this new program (even though it's twice as expensive).

Congratulations! Looking forward to meeting him!

Congratulations! Looking forward to meeting him!
Are you here in Dallas or somewhere else? He attended the DPT open house in Waco a couple of weeks ago to meet everyone. I think that helped a lot, too!

It was pretty strange. They put a question up on the screen for 20 seconds. Then you have 4 minutes to record yourself giving an answer to it. This takes a couple of hours to do (you are allowed breaks). Then you can watch the videos afterwards, to see how you think you did. But you CANNOT re-record the video if you don't like your answer (which mimics a live interview). Just do NOT forget to email them when you finish the video interview process! My hubby almost missed the 7 day deadline because he forgot to. Barely made it!

Are you here in Dallas or somewhere else? He attended the DPT open house in Waco a couple of weeks ago to meet everyone. I think that helped a lot, too!
I'm currently in Lubbock and will probably stay here during the program

Congrats to everyone that was interviewed and accepted! I'm applying to their program as well, but I'm just worried about my GRE score because it is lowww :help: (really sick the day I took it).
I don't know if I'll have time to retake it and increase my score within 2 weeks, and I just found out about this program.
Any advice!
I have great LORs, observation hours, ECs, and a decent gpa.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone that was interviewed and accepted! I'm applying to their program as well, but I'm just worried about my GRE score because it is lowww :help: (really sick the day I took it).
I don't know if I'll have time to retake it and increase my score within 2 weeks, and I just found out about this program.
Any advice!
I have great LORs, observation hours, ECs, and a decent gpa.

My husband had GRE scores in the verbal and quantitative side that just barely made the minimum requirements for UT Southwestern, but his essay score was too low for UTSW. The Baylor program is ONLY looking at your verbal and quantitative scores, not the essay portion. His GPA was 3.6. He was accepted a little over a week ago.

How low are you talking with your GRE scores? What is your GPA?

I say give it a chance! What can it hurt?

My husband had GRE scores in the verbal and quantitative side that just barely made the minimum requirements for UT Southwestern, but his essay score was too low for UTSW. The Baylor program is ONLY looking at your verbal and quantitative scores, not the essay portion. His GPA was 3.6. He was accepted a little over a week ago.

How low are you talking with your GRE scores? What is your GPA?

I say give it a chance! What can it hurt?

I about 11-12 points lower than what I was scoring on practice exams. I have a cGPA of 3.44 and my prereqGPA ~3.4.

I'm going to apply. I just don't want my awful GRE score to decide how I'd do. Just wish I had enough time to take the GRE before the deadline.

Last edited:
How long did it take for Baylor to contact you after you submitted your application?
I was contacted the day I submitted my application for an interview, and it took about 2 weeks after I finished the interview to hear back with my acceptance

Hey guys! I applied and got an interview! I'm planing to record it tomorrow. Anyone have any tips as to what I should focus on? Im preparing for it today and tonight!

Just submitted my application on 10/13! Hoping to hear back soon.

Reactions: 2 users
Just received an email today for an interview with Baylor!! :D

Submitted my application 10/18! hope I hear from them soon!

I completed my interview on 10/19. How long does it take for final decisions to be made after submitting the interview?

I completed my interview on 10/19. How long does it take for final decisions to be made after submitting the interview?
It took about 2 weeks after my interview to find out I was accepted.

Just got an email for an interview! Any tips on how to prepare for this?

Just got an email for an interview! Any tips on how to prepare for this?
FaceTime or Skype someone before hand and try to be aware of looking at the camera instead of yourself. The interview questions themselves are pretty standard

Just got my acceptance letter! Anyone know if they're confident in receiving accreditation?

Just got my acceptance letter! Anyone know if they're confident in receiving accreditation?
When did you submit your interview? I’m anxiously waiting on a reply! And honestly Baylor has so many healthcare professions schools that are accredited. I would like to believe that they would be able to create a program that would get accredited especially with their reputation.

When I attended their online information session, Dr. Casey said that they were denied earlier this year because of their curriculum, but he was very confident that they would be accredited soon!

And congrats on your acceptance! I'm hoping to hear back with their decision on my interview soon!

When did you submit your interview? I’m anxiously waiting on a reply! And honestly, Baylor has so many healthcare professions schools that are accredited. I would like to believe that they would be able to create a program that would get accredited especially with their reputation.
The 13th of October I submitted my interview. So it took about 11 days. A pretty quick response!

When I attended their online information session, Dr. Casey said that they were denied earlier this year because of their curriculum, but he was very confident that they would be accredited soon!

And congrats on your acceptance! I'm hoping to hear back with their decision on my interview soon!
Hopefully they get accredited the second time around then. Fingers crossed and good luck!

The 13th of October I submitted my interview. So it took about 11 days. A pretty quick response!
I submitted the day after you! So hopefully I get a response soon then too!

I got my acceptance today!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Candidacy was granted today! The charter class will start in January!

Hi! I had a question for you. How soon after you applied did Baylor offer you an interview? I plan to apply for the January 2019 cohort.

Hi! I had a question for you. How soon after you applied did Baylor offer you an interview? I plan to apply for the January 2019 cohort.
I got the interview invite the day after I submitted my application

I got an interview invite 2-4 days after I submitted. Acceptance 4-7 days.

I have declined my seat, so hopefully this will open a spot for someone else!

I have an interview for the program this Saturday. I am curious on y'alls honest thoughts on the program thus far.

I about 11-12 points lower than what I was scoring on practice exams. I have a cGPA of 3.44 and my prereqGPA ~3.4.

I'm going to apply. I just don't want my awful GRE score to decide how I'd do. Just wish I had enough time to take the GRE before the deadline.

Hey, do you remember how many observation hours you had before you applied to the program?

Hey! what are the thoughts and comments on the accreditation? How does this affect your degree?

Hey, do you remember how many observation hours you had before you applied to the program?
Hi! Sorry, it’s been a very busy first semester.
I had over 200 observation hours in various settings when I applied.

Hey! what are the thoughts and comments on the accreditation? How does this affect your degree?
I was honestly hesitant at first. However, a new program can’t receive accreditation until their first cohort graduates (usually find out about a month or two before graduation), and they can’t begin until they receive candidacy for accreditation. I haven’t heard of a program that didn’t receive accreditation after obtaining candidacy. Overall, I’m really not worried about it. Hope this helps!

Last edited: