Baylor vs UTSW: which is chiller?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

liontraveler25

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi yall so I'm trying to see which school between Baylor and UTSW is chiller. I know that UTSW had a reputation of having a more rigorous curriculum but I'm not sure if that still stands in more recent times.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Cannot speak on behalf of UTSW but as a student at BCM, I find it very collaborative, supportive, and relaxed (or as relaxed as medical school can be). Speaking to upperclassmen, the changes to the curriculum have just made that feeling even more prevalent. The two attempts on exams are great, especially because we see a breakdown of how many questions pertaining to each lecture/learning objective we got right/wrong between the two, so you can really identify what you need to review to do better for the afternoon exam. I feel like I have plenty of time to study/prepare for exams but also to shadow, volunteer, explore Houston, and have fun with classmates on the weekends. You'll certainly find your balance wherever you go though!

Reactions: 1 user