BCOM vs LMU-DCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emky

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have been fortunate enough to be accepted at two schools and was wondering if you guys can help me make a decision between these two schools?

BCOM
Pros:
-Slightly larger city, more to do, better housing options.
-I liked the campus more
-I really enjoyed talking to the students and faculty
- non mandatory lectures
- P/F this upcoming fall

Cons:
- Far away from home (virginia)
- Low Comlex scores
- newer school

LMU-DCOM
Pros:
- beautiful campus
- faculty and students were very welcoming
- closer to home

Cons:
- Very rural area, less housing options
- Accreditation issues
- bad clinical education (from what I heard)

Members don't see this ad.

They're both not good options, but If I had to choose I'd choose choose BCOM mainly because of P/F, but also for better clinical rotations. The low board pass rate looks bad, but at the end of the day your board score is gonna fall on you and not the school.

Reactions: 1 user
They're both not good options, but If I had to choose I'd choose choose BCOM mainly because of P/F, but also for better clinical rotations. The low board pass rate looks bad, but at the end of the day your board score is gonna fall on you and not the school.
Out of BCOM, PCOM-GA, NYITCOM-AR, UP-KYCOM and ACOM which one would you say is best? I have been waitlisted at PCOM-GA and I will be interviwing at the other 3.

Out of BCOM, PCOM-GA, NYITCOM-AR, UP-KYCOM and ACOM which one would you say is best? I have been waitlisted at PCOM-GA and I will be interviwing at the other 3.
ACOM is the most decent in your list. PCOM-GA would be 2nd.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have any reasons as to why these schools are better?
ACOM: More state support, has started their own GME (not big, but at least has some residency programs), good clinical rotations, decent match list.

PCOM-GA: Not great, but at least located in an area with lots to do (research and residency programs/letter of rec) to refine your resume. Also, I've come to notice that even if PCOM-GA is nothing like the original PCOM, but the name brand might still help a little (not 100% sure of this, but it's something I've noticed from the VCOMs). Also PCOM (the original campus) having a wide variety of residency programs in their GME might help to some extent.

ACOM: More state support, has started their own GME (not big, but at least has some residency programs), good clinical rotations, decent match list.

PCOM-GA: Not great, but at least located in an area with lots to do (research and residency programs/letter of rec) to refine your resume. Also, I've come to notice that even if PCOM-GA is nothing like the original PCOM, but the name brand might still help a little (not 100% sure of this, but it's something I've noticed from the VCOMs). Also PCOM (the original campus) having a wide variety of residency programs in their GME might help to some extent.
Thank you so much for taking the time to explain this to me!

Reactions: 1 user
what can you say about BCOM Vs VCOM Vs DCOM. I need to make a decision in the next few days. BCOM is the most far away, about 18 hours away and that is a concern for me. Any opinion will be highly appreciated