BCPM GPA question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Luminous_1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I took two psychology courses that deal with neuroscience and psychobiology. I was wondering whether or not they would count for BCPM GPA. Although the course descriptions state "biopsychology" and "behavioral neuroscience," they are listed under psychology department on my transpcript (psych 15, psych 115). Has anyone been on the same shoes when applying through AMCAS?

Luminous_1

Members don't see this ad.

Luminous_1 said:
Hey guys,

I took two psychology courses that deal with neuroscience and psychobiology. I was wondering whether or not they would count for BCPM GPA. Although the course descriptions state "biopsychology" and "behavioral neuroscience," they are listed under psychology department on my transpcript (psych 15, psych 115). Has anyone been on the same shoes when applying through AMCAS?

Luminous_1

no, i haven't...but I'm pretty sure its up to AMCAS... who woulda thunk that my astro 10 class was considered physics? eh
-mota

I took some astronomy courses too, and I was under impression that astronomy courses counted toward BCPM since they would be classified as physical science.

Members don't see this ad :)
i had 2 courses that were in both psych and bio department, amcas counted them as bio for me.

Astronomy will definitely go into BCPM.

The OP's courses, however, because they were offered in the psych department, probably won't, unless they were also offered in the bio department, in which case the OP should try to get them listed as Bio 115 or whatever on his or her transcript. You could try calculating them into your BCPM and submitting it to AMCAS but AMCAS will probably recalculate after seeing that they were offered in the psych department. But, maybe, if you can provide a convincing argument or syllabi showing that the courses were mostly science, you might be able to negotiate with them on this.

G'luck.

My neuroscience was also offered by the psych dept, I listed it as bio because it was all-science, all-the-time, and AMCAS did not make any changes. Go for it!

is a biostatistics course considered in the BCPM ?

thanx
don't mean to hijack ur post...sorry

Yah I'm a neuroscience major at a university where a bunch of the classes are offered thru the psych department, but are so bio classes, like behavioral neuroendocrinology ,. . amcas counted them all as bio so go for it!

Yes, since statistics course count as mathematics.

xxbruinxx said:
is a biostatistics course considered in the BCPM ?

thanx
don't mean to hijack ur post...sorry

Thx for the replies, guys.