Bcpm Gpa?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adam64897

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok I am aware of what this is but I have looked everywhere and can't find a clear cut answer to this question:

Are statistics courses included in the BCPM calculation?

The name of the course I will be taking is "Introduction to Statistics."

Members don't see this ad.

What is the department? Is it like Math 121 Intro to Stats? I think as long as it is taught by the math department it will definitely be a "math" class.

yeah they're included b/c they are usually under the Math department. I'm about to fail my probability and statistics final tomorrow, haha :-/

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually have the same question; the stats I'm taking is offered by the Statistics and Actuarial Science department, which is in the undergraduate business program at my school. I'm hoping this class doesn't count towards BCPM gpa.

SoupWithAFork said:
I actually have the same question; the stats I'm taking is offered by the Statistics and Actuarial Science department, which is in the undergraduate business program at my school. I'm hoping this class doesn't count towards BCPM gpa.

Stats can be BCPM if you want it to be. I am an econ major and put the stats offerred by the econ dept as BCPM and AMCAS ok'ed it. The rule for a class like this (i.e. stats not offerred by math dept) is if it raises your BCPM, than count it as BCPM. If not, don't count it as BCPM.

Cali Anteater said:
Stats can be BCPM if you want it to be. I am an econ major and put the stats offerred by the econ dept as BCPM and AMCAS ok'ed it. The rule for a class like this (i.e. stats not offerred by math dept) is if it raises your BCPM, than count it as BCPM. If not, don't count it as BCPM.

Did someone at AMCAS tell you it was okay, or did you just submit it and it went through?

Also, would classes such as Psychbiology that are offered through the psychology and biology departments be BCPM (I would assume so)?

Read the AMCAS help section regarding coursework classification. If you're still stumped, use your best judgement. If the content of the course was most comparable to a bio class, then classify it accordingly. In the case of psychbiology, it'll probably be up to you....
ghostfoot said:
Did someone at AMCAS tell you it was okay, or did you just submit it and it went through?

Also, would classes such as Psychbiology that are offered through the psychology and biology departments be BCPM (I would assume so)?

so, if i took "quantitative research methods" in the psych dept. (basically it was behavioral science stats), does it count in my bcpm? or do i get to choose?

I've heard that the content of the course matters when deciding whether to include classes not offered by the Bio/Chem/Physics/Math departments. So, I was going to include my Human development 250-Elementary statistics as one of the BCPM courses. What do you think?

How do you put certain classes, such as Stats, and in my case another class as well, such as Nutri Sci, within BCPM? Do you have to contac the AMCAS?

Thanks
-batman1983

Oh, I have another question in addition to the one I asked 2 posts prior to this one. I've repeated Gen chem I/II and physics I/II although I've gotten A's in them the first time around due to the fact that they were taken about 15 year ago. I know that for overall GPA all retakes are counted. What about for BCPM calculations?

Oh, I have another question in addition to the one I asked 2 posts prior to this one. I've repeated Gen chem I/II and physics I/II although I've gotten A's in them the first time around due to the fact that they were taken about 15 year ago. I know that for overall GPA all retakes are counted. What about for BCPM calculations?

All of your college level classes are included in both the cumulative and BCPM even if you repeated.