BCPM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Legend

Super Senior Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
AMCAS indicates that Statistics is considered as BCPM.

What about 'Econometrics'?

Members don't see this ad.

If you think you learned more math then put it as a BCPM.... IT sounds like a BCPM to me.... Hope that helps.... Many a times we get posting that ask whether or not a certain class is BCPM or other.... What I always suggest is judge it yourself and ask whether or not it belongs to one or the other.... It doesn't take a scientist to know that certain subject matter belongs under the sciences/math while others belong to the Hum/Art/etc.

Okay, I think I've over express myself on that one.... Good luck in your application!!!

I called AMCAS on this topic and this is the repy: I took a class called Physical Anthropology and we learned a lot of genetics, genetic diseases, evolutionary mechanisms, osteology etc....very much a science class,, NOT a behavior/social science like maybe general anthropology. The AMCAS guys said that it is your best judgement and when they check them they understand that there are certain classes like the psychologies and the anthropologies, geologies etc....that may be BCPM, but that it was up to you to decide.

later